Here are six ways I am saving for my family’s trip to WDW this summer:
1. Pay for all purchases on our credit cards. I do this for everything! I even pay for my morning coffee with a credit card, to get the extra points. But we always pay the bill in full each month. So far we have earned over $1,200 in credit card points to help offset the cost of our trip.
2. Use ebates.com and ebates.ca for online shopping - I do this for almost anything I can buy online (e.g., Amazon, Expedia, GAP etc). I recently got a cheque for over $100 for the things I bought in the last 3 months. You get a percentage of your purchases back in cash.
3. Always wait for a sale and look for coupon codes for online purchases - Before I buy something online I check ebates and other sites for coupon codes. I always wait for a sale and use online coupon codes when I buy something.
4. Buy for quality not quantity - I like to shop and have found that it’s better to buy less quality items than lots of cheap items that break down quickly. In the long run, this strategy has saved me money.
5. Spread your purchases out over a few months - This year and last year, I spread my vacation purchases over a few months, so I wouldn’t have to pay for everything at once (e.g., I paid for flights in January, got Disney tickets in February).
6. Join dinning clubs - I joined a few dinning clubs online so I’d be rewarded for eating at the same restaurants a few times.
How are you saving money for your trip to WDW? Do yo you have any tips or tricks to recommend?