How are you (honestly) feeling about SWGE?

I looked at the Sept 2-7 resort availability so I could upgrade my DS to a moderate resort. I was pleased to find all Resorts have all types of rooms available and the prices were still moderate. I looked at the week of Christmas and New Year to see few options and prices astronomical. It made feel better about my trip. I think the crowd fears are blown out of portions but I always plan on unexpected crowds, weather and some sorta illness striking at least one on our party.

4 Likes

I am SW fan as is my family. That said I am bitter they dropped this bomb (opening day in DW) in the middle of our vacation Like most here we had been planning it for a year. I am deeply concerned about how it may negatively affect out trip. We will still have a good trip but I am still concerned

3 Likes

I was as against Star Wars coming to Disney as anyone. Not a fan, even though I liked the 3 original movies when I was a kid. BUT, my Disneyland friends have been so excited about it, that I decided I would embrace it. In just 2 days I leave for Disneyland and will be part of opening day on Friday with reservations from 2-6pm, and then again the next morning 8am-noon. I am actually getting really excited! I even watched the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes back in the last week. I have gone from “Ugh I hate this idea” to “I cannot wait to be there for opening day!”.
At least in WDW, it fits much better (in theming) in Hollywood Studios. I do miss the original HS, but that is now gone with the removal of so many great things. Star Wars does not fit into Disneyland park at all…yet here it is. Might as well embrace it, since it isn’t going anywhere. I am looking forward to a few days in the California parks before GE opens, just in case it changes it so much I stop wanting to go as often.

12 Likes

Wow! You got two reservations, how did you manage that?

It means you know you’ll have time to do everything at least once.

Enjoy and have an amazing time. I would plan to get there at least 30 minutes early, to maximise your time.

2 Likes

Wish it was still opening after my trip as I had planned…

1 Like

Thanks! Most everyone I know who is going has 2 or more reservations. Mine are both from onsite stays. There were also public ones available, but I didn’t book one of them. There is no limit on how many you have, you could only have 1 from the public release though. But you can have a combo of public release and hotels stays. Every time you book a 1 night hotel stay onsite, Disney sends you another reservation to Galaxy’s Edge.
We will be there long before 30 minutes before our time. Gates open at 6am for an 8am reservation. We will be there at least 2 hours in advance on Friday as well.

3 Likes

Ah OK. I thought it was one per guest.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Haven’t kept up on the SWGE news. So the MF ride is suppose to be similar to Star Tours? What is the ROTR suppose to be like? FOP? I hope so because FOP was my DD19 and my favorite newer ride. It rocked!
As a CA resident, I will wait a year and see SWGE at DL.

2 Likes

Disney execs:

giphy%20(2)

7 Likes

Being an inherently selfish person, I’m ok with SWGE. My trip withDS is in a week in a half, so we are getting in early. My future trip with DD (she gets a turn to go with mom too) will be in 3-4 years, and I expect most of the craziness will settle by then.
It was awfully nice of Disney to plan around my schedule.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to your and @lolabear_la’s reports!

4 Likes

The reports on ROTR were so exciting and made me pull the trigger on a solo trip to DLR on August. Then the announcement that it would not be opening made me cancel the trip. I am pretty sure it is going to blow my mind.

For the Falcon, my DD8 is super concerned about the team aspect. It is too much pressure for her. She hates people may know how you did through your magic bands. So much so she isn’t sure she wants to ride.

For me, I think about going to Space Camp in 8th grade and how exciting that experience was, mocked up mission control and space shuttle cock pitts. And then I think about walking into the Millennium Falcon and it just has to be cool. And feel like that.

So how do I feel about SWGE? For WDW, it can only help HS and I welcome it. For DL, I am much more anxious. That lovely original park will probably never be the same.

But the feeling I get thinking about riding these rides is the same feeling I get when the music on the Esplenade first drowns out the noise from Harbor Blvd. And that feeling is what I love about Disney. So, here we go!

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

4 Likes

Just wait until they start offering paid VIP add-ons, then you’ll be excited.

7 Likes

I’m simply excited to see it in december! I’m hoping we’ll be able to walk around it without getting trampled, I just want to see it for what it is - presumably a very meticulously buit, highly detailed themed land with cool things to see. if we can ride something that’ll be a plus but I won’t have my hopes high until I can see how it pans out closer up.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Check out this sneak peak of some of the characters for SWGE

bad-star-wars-costumes1

12 Likes

Were they put together by the same team who organised the new MB system for onsite guests?

3 Likes

Same team that refurbished your room at Poly

12 Likes

Too soon.

6 Likes