How are weekends during Flower and Garden?

Do locals flock to EP for this festival the way they do Food & Wine? Is it best to avoid EP on the weekends? Thanks!

Any time there is a festival on at EP, the weekends are definitely going to be more crowded. Locals come in over the weekends. Best to hit EP tues thru thurs if possible.

4 Likes

We have been to F&G 5 times and love it. I have never worried about what day of the week we go, have been on weekdays and weekends and haven’t seen much difference in crowds. We just pick our parks based on where we are staying what days, since we always seem to have a split stay.

1 Like

We were at EPCOT over two weekends last year during F & G, and didn’t notice a big difference. The second weekend preceded Memorial Day and that had by far a greater effect.

1 Like

And at the moment I have us staying at YC/BC Friday - Tuesday, then either WL or Poly Tuesday - Friday. Maybe I should switch? Or not. Ugh. My indecisiveness strikes again!

1 Like

Our experience with crowds on the weekends of F&G were not terrible. I would never go to F&W on a weekend again, though. That was just awful crowd-wise!

1 Like

I think for years weekends for Flower and Garden were usually not crowded but recently the popularity of the event has increased.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother switching, you will be fine with those days. Club level again?

1 Like

It’s a 12 night trip. The last 5 nights are club at AKL with our DVC points. Right now all the rooms I have booked are club, but if we don’t get good AP discounts, I might go back to regular rooms. Or not. Maybe no club at YC/BC, but club at WL or Poly. Or maybe the maybe the other way around. Or maybe all club even if there aren’t good discounts. Either way, I’ll be at Disney 1 year from right now :partying_face:

2 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like