How are we feeling about DVC Moonlight Magic events at HS in September and October?

ack… my res no. ends in 666… I hope that’s NOT an omen :flushed:

Question … are events like these open to DVC members who buy resale? I am considering a purchase (not in the immediate future) and am gathering info. Thanks!

No, you have to have at least 100 points direct to be eligible for the membership extras.
We bought our first membership direct for the benefits and the second resale because we already had access from owning the first.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/dvc-direct-vs-resale/

1 Like

Thanks! I was looking at that exact chart but somehow didn’t see the Member Events listed there.

We went back and forth a lot about direct vs resale for the first one and if the additional cost justifies the member benefits.

Moonlight Magic is funded by profits from direct sales of DVC.

That arm of the company has been shuttered since March and they have not sold one single solitary overpriced point in that time.

I think your events are toast.

1 Like

No, and this is because the direct sales fund the events.

Really, when you think of it, you’re not getting a free event. You’re paying for that event up front when you buy direct and they are using the profits from the sale to fund that event to which you are invited.

:thinking:

I bought resale Therefore I did not pay for the event with my purchase. Therefore I am not invited.

1 Like

As others have noted, no. You don’t get certain of the membership benefits if your don’t have that member card. There are other complex issues related to when/how you can book. But for the benefits, you have to have a direct purchase card.

I love my card. I use it lots. Whether it is worth it is a very, very specific and subjective thing. In this specific case, Moonlight Magic is super fun!! Is it worth the extra cost? I don’t know. I bought 13 years ago, so that is not a decision for me to make now. I think it is a legitimate thing to think about

1 Like

I saw this posted in the Open Thread, but for those who don’t visit there, Moonlight Magic has been cancelled through the end of the year.

Damn, another blow to the loyalists :frowning: Well good thing I cancelled my DVC MM night stay and got my points banked. Thanks for sharing the news. I’ve been checking the site every few days.

3 Likes

I just signed in to see if there was any message on the DVC site and it looks like Moonlight Magic Nights have just been removed w/o any explanation… rude. So, I did a search for them, on the site, and found the messaging about them being canceled.

2 Likes

Same. Very disappointed with DVC

1 Like

:sunglasses: don’t just lurk man!

1 Like

Ha ha! I didn’t lurk. I searched for the term and that was the only thread it came up. I can’t keep up with the open thread - I don’t read fast enough and I really ought to work occasionally! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Well - if you change your mind it’s a fabulous group of Liners. :wink:

1 Like

there’s sooooo much in that open thread… I missed that