How accurate are wait times in the touring plans

We are making our first trip to Disney World with a group of 8 of us (aged 6-63!) the last week in Feb, and I was so excited to use a personalized touring plan, but I am worried some of the wait times are unrealistic (a wait time of 12 minutes on Big Thunder Mountain at 11am on a 8/10 predicted day!?). For those who have used the personalized plans, how accurate have you found them to be? We only have 3 days at Disney, so we are trying to make the most out them them!

Welcome! Ask anything & as often as needed!

I’ve been using them since 2012 with a lot of success. While nothing is ever perfect I am pretty successful maximizing my park days. The great part about TP is that they get data every day.

A touring plan has been proven to save you up to four hours of time not standing in queues. With a touring plan you’ll be ahead of 90% of the people just wandering aimlessly asking, “What do you want to do next?” and then walking into a queue that is 90 minutes long. Later in the day that same queue may be only 15 minutes, but they won’t know that However, you will because TP will have given you that data.

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.