Hotel suggestions for large family, with kitchen

Any suggestions for suite hotels for a family of 8 (2 parents, 4 kids, 2 grandparents)? We would like to have a kitchen. Are we better off with airbnb/vrbo? Anyone had good/bad experiences with those in Anaheim? We will almost definitely rent a car, but obviously closer is better. Thanks!

Check out Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Marriott on Harbor. Or Staybridge Suites (there are a couple but neither is super close). Also Residence Inn on Harbor and Katella. I’m not positive any of these have 8-person suites because I have only had 6 before.

I stayed in an AirBnB in Garden Grove in June 2018. It was very easy to get to/from parks. We spent about $230/night I believe for a three bedroom that slept 9 of us.

1 Like

Thank you both. I will look into all of these.

1 Like

We use rentals almost exclusively when we travel and have since 2003. I’ve rented in many states. I do my best to locate the property on Google Earth and take a look at the neighborhood. I also read reviews and try to find the properties cross-listed on other sites to compare. If you need help after you narrow it down a bit please feel free to message me. :+1:

Thanks so much! any advice on whether there are bad neighborhoods in Anaheim that need to be avoided?

I would just read reviews from people who have stayed at the house. They will generally mention the neighborhood if noteworthy.

My friend uses Staybridge and says great things.

1 Like

One nice thing about Staybridge is free breakfast! I considered that for us as well when I thought there were only going to be 8 of us. I like that chain.
The rental was slightly cheaper and closer though.

1 Like

I’ve stayed at Staybridge and it was nice, clean, spacious, and relatively inexpensive. Only issue was getting to the parks. It was about a mile walk (we stayed at the one northwest of the park, and you couldn’t enter the parking lot to take the tram at the time - you can now, but by that point you may as well just walk through DD). They have a shuttle but it’s not frequent enough for my tastes. The other location is southeast of the parks and a little further away on foot.

1 Like

My friend that stays there uses ART. Granted, for a group of 8, that could really add up though.

1 Like

Oh! I checked out the one southeast of the park!

1 Like