Hotel Information/Suggestions

When I was a complete newbie to the DLR side of TP, and on my first whirlwind solo trip I had a chance to meet with you and your kids to watch one of the very last MSEP. I didn’t make it to the Alice bathrooms before it got really crowded, and I got shy so I watched from just around the corner. I wish I had been able to yap with you in person!

2 Likes

Another time hopefully!!! :heartpulse::heartpulse:
We were definitely there a lot for the end of MSEP because our then 4 yr old daughter had decided it was her most favorite parade of all time. We still can’t talk about it without her going into defcon 10 crying mode & have promised her that if were ever to happen to very surprisingly return, we’ll make every effort to return!

We were definitely on the phone with them that night & because of the hour being past midnight it seemed like we hit a brick of wall “nothing can be done” except to pay the walk-up rate. And the gentleman at the Residence Inn truly did feel so bad. You could tell he did NOT want to send out without a room & could tell he wanted to do more. When we showed up at 7am he seemed personally relieved to be able to give us the room finally. So I really do feel like it was a corporate policy & not anything against the service provided the staff at the Marriott.

any input on the del sol or candy cane?

We just stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites right across from the Disneyland entrance. It was clean and comfortable if not quite as quiet as we would have liked (but then again, in a “suites” hotel you’re going to have more people per room next door than otherwise). It has an indoor pool and a viewing area on the roof from which to watch the fireworks and a room where they serve “continental breakfast.”

2 Likes

I haven’t stayed at either personally BUT we do have a family friend who is a veteran Disney traveller (both coasts & cruises) who has told us Del Sol is one of their 2 go-to’s (along with The Anaheim Hotel). Her house is immaculate so I trust the motel’s condition/standards are pretty good & they have told us their kids enjoy the bunk beds. We have a potential reservation at the Del Sol for August so I may be able to add to that commentary later this year.

As for Candy Cane, I don’t “get” it. The rooms seem very small, dated & the prices don’t seem to be any better than any other hotel. As an aside, the fact that they have a shuttle when they are literally the next door down from the Disneyland Resort has always baffled me (the walk to the shuttle is already just about half the walk!). But they do have a core of fans that love it, offer a continental breakfast and I did notice the last time I priced them they don’t charge any extra fees, just the bare taxes that they have to which a nice feeling (it would be nicer if their rates were lower too, but no fees is good too). I think they may also have free parking? But double check.

We are staying at the Del Sol for the first time this May. Booked it because of the price and location, which looks like it cannot be beat.

I stayed at The Anaheim Hotel in October. The hotel lobby is awesome, and the Pizza Press is yummy and fast. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My room was not updated like the lobby, but it worked just fine. It’s not too far to walk to the parks, and I would absolutely stay there again.

1 Like