Hoosiers Be Trippin’ - a trip report

They have three different projection shows. A Hogwarts one, a Dark Arts one, and a Holiday one.

3 Likes

What holidays are now?

She is coming back in November, so the current one will not be showing then.

2 Likes

Ah. I misunderstood. Sorry! Friday at the almost end of the school year - this teacher’s brain is FRIED.

3 Likes

There is still school going on with you? My DW’s school ended last Thursday. She said it was a rough year for all teachers. :confused:

2 Likes

Yep. NYC Public Schools. We have 5 days left with the kids. Tuesday-Friday next week and Monday the 27th. (We’re off Monday for Juneteenth.) I have never come so close to quitting as I did this year. At our last PD, our principal said her goal next year is to bring the joy back. I’m skeptical, but we’ll see what she presents on the 28th. Yep, we have a day of PD the day after the kids’ last day.

7 Likes

Brought back a souvenir from Florida I didn’t particularly want— Covid! Had the sniffles and a minor sore throat, so I thought best to test. It was positive.

I’m vaxxed & double boosted, so it’s been a minor cold for me. I’ve had upper respiratory infections that are worse (thank you, science!). I’m already feeling better, just hoping my family doesn’t get it (we’re all vaxxed and boosted) and staying away from the office until Friday.

This is my first bout of it during the pandemic.

Be careful out there, folks.

9 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that.
Wishing you a healthy recovery!

2 Likes

Ugh, fast recovery to you!

I’m just at 10 days after mine kicked in, didn’t even get it on a trip darnit, DW got it from a preschooler at work and handed it off. Was pretty awful a few days and I’m still testing positive! Crazy COVID.

3 Likes

Oh dangit! Thankfully these later strains are usually like a mild cold.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry you got covid! Hope you are feeling better soon.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this.

1 Like

That stinks! It went through my house a month and a half ago so I hope I’m clinging to some immunity along with my double vaxxed and boosted status!

2 Likes

I just saw this.
We had it after universal too. We aren’t vaccinated, and it was just more congestion than I’ve ever had in my life. No one in my household tested, but my mom, DS’s gf and his friend that joined us all tested positive. I think it’s a fairly likely souvenir these days.

1 Like

I know several others that have been to Florida recently & got Covid— I’m sorry to hear you had it in your family! Luckily, it was just my husband and I and we had mild cases.

In retrospect, I think the mysterious stomach cramping I had after Cowfish was my first sign of Covid.

1 Like

Ooooo. Maybe. Yes. Glad the rest didn’t get.

The “good” news for me is that I didn’t get sick on my June trip to WDW. Got whatever the FL variety is/was out of the way.

2 Likes

did you discuss your GF diet with your cowfish server?

1 Like

I did! I know she made a special trip to get gluten-free soy sauce for my sushi.

In retrospect, I think my stomach pains that night were the first symptoms of Covid. :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah yes, that makes sense. When I got it i had some terrible cramps too. Just wanted to make sure because they roll some of the sushi rolls in a topping that isn’t GF.

1 Like