Honeymoon Trip- suggestions?

Hi there!

I’m new to the forums and just signed up on TP last week. We are headed to Disney World in the middle of May for our Honeymoon. I am so excited! We are staying 7 nights at the Boardwalk Inn and I booked a standard room. I have a fax going out that requests a corner room on a high floor overlooking the garden area as we want to ensure we have a king bed. However, I was wondering if we should even fax in a request as I don’t want that to hurt our chances in potentially getting upgraded. I know not to expect an upgrade but definitely would appreciate it! Do you think I should keep the fax or remove it to help our chances?

I have the following dinner reservations for our trip and would love suggestions to add to our honeymoon to make it memorable:

Flying Fish
Via Napoli
Be Our Guest
Teppan Edo
California Grill (it’s at 9pm but hoping the reservation finder will help us get an earlier one to make sure we can have dinner before “Happily Ever After”)

We also booked the Bon Voyage breakfast which I am so excited about as well as a spa experience at Senses Grand Floridian!

Counting down the days (hours, minutes… :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Well congratulations!!!

I would probably still send the fax to request a room. If you have a KING reservation - you will most assuredly get it.

However once at the front desk - also ask to see what they have as an upgrade and note you are on your Honeymoon. They will do what they can.

Your restaurants seem good - and it really comes down to what you like and what your budget it. The SPA experience will be a great respite

Although it is some extra money - if you are taking magical express - I may suggest a car service instead. At least To the hotel. It is just more relaxing IMHO

Welcome and congrats!

Thank you! I did set up car service to pick us up at the airport to take us to our hotel, but we will take the Magical Express on the return end. Thank you for the kind words and the help!

Thanks so much! :blush:

How about Victoria and Albert? Very expensive but if $$ is a factor maybe cancel one or two of the otherADRs. Would be a very special dinner for a special occasion

2 Likes

Congrats. All great restaurant choices. I don’t know if Hoop Dee Doo Revue is your speed or not, but it’s a lot of fun (IMHO) Have a great trip and honeymoon

1 Like

Oh I agree!!! It is cheezy and campy and the jokes are completely awful and I had a BLAST

1 Like

Tiffins in Animal Kingdom is A-MAZing!!
Tip: book for lunch. You can get a lunch special with two smaller portions of the regular entrees. Do NOT miss out on the bread service. You can book this as a dining package for Rivers of Light too.

Also at AK - Tusker House. It’s a character buffet meal with lots of traditional African dishes. If you want to skip the character experience, Boma at AKL serves pretty much the same things. If you go there, give yourself enough time to wander about the resort.

At MK, The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen is not only tons of fun - the servers are also Jungle Cruise skippers, with the same hilarious sassy chatter - but also deliciously different foods.

At Hollywood Studios, 50s Prime Time Cafe is a ton of fun, as is the Sci-Fi Drive In.

Since you’re at Boardwalk, Todd’s bluezoo at the Dolphin and Cape May at Beach Club are also worth considering. Do NOT miss out on a visit to Ample Hills Creamery. Get the flight of 6 flavors. Trust me.

Congratulations! We honeymooned at Disney too. The only downside is you’ll never have another experience that magical. I don’t remember our wedding, but I remember all of our time at Disney!

1 Like