Honeymoon once in a lifetime trip to DL,DCA and Universal Studios, can you help me?

Hello fellow Planners!

My name is Dennis my wife and I (from the Netherlands) are going to the USA for our honeymoon and we will be visiting DL, DCA and Universal studios Hollywood on september 13th-15th. So we will only have time for to visit one park each day.
We are also planning to attend the Oogie Boogie bash one of those days.

My question is, I made a personalized touring plan for both parks, the crowd tracker says both parks will be a level 3. So I had no plans to use genie+ or LL only the touring plan, but now I am unsure of this decision. What would you in your opinion to do for our once in a lifetime trip? And also is a touring plan neccesary fo the oogie boogie bash?

I hope to hear from you, have a magical day!

Sincerely,

Dennis

1 Like

Welcome! Ask anything you need to & as often as you’d like!!

Be aware that these CLs and waits are not definite until about 45 - 30 days out. Right now they are just using historical data for 2019, 2020, 2021. With the parks being closed and capacity much lower in 2020 & 2021 those CLs are going to average out to a number much lower than you are going to experience. This year is already proving to be overwhelming for the parks with all the people doing trips they had to postpone and all the others “getting back out there”

TP & CL’s shouldn’t be used to determine your travel dates. They just are helpful to see “trends” in crowds.

Basically, start making your plans, but know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until about 30 days in advance.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Yes! Buy it! It really is helpful!!Plus, DLR/DCA had MaxPass for years. The G+/ LL system operates almost like MaxPass so it’s not as big of a mess out in California as it is at WDW.

You’ll be able to do pretty much everything you want to do using LL out there.

Nope! You never really need a TP for any after hours events due to the limited number of guests attending. It is a good idea to have a plan / list of “must-do” rides/character meetings/shows as it can be hard to do it all in the limited hours of OBB.

3 Likes

I second what @darkmite2 said - get the Genie+. I think it’s working pretty well in California. Since you have limited time, it will really come in handy.

2 Likes

Thank you both for the Quick reply!
I will use Genie+ then atop my Touring Plan.

Have a magical Day!

2 Likes