Homemade Holiday Treats

I’m pretty sure every level of government knows that chocolate has a higher priority than gasoline or toilet paper! :wink:

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

I’m going to share my bacon secret with you… Lidl has the best bacon. If it’s sold out there it’s probably bc my dad bought it all :rofl:

3 Likes

Canada has different priorities: Facing maple syrup shortages, Canada taps its strategic reserves - CNN

3 Likes

Really? I’ll have to give it a shot. I’ve only been there once. They didn’t have much that meets my allergy needs, so I haven’t been back. I usually buy bacon at BJs or Costco because it’s so much cheaper than the food store. And it comes in four packs, which is clearly better than one.

1 Like

I love that you have tailored your Christmas around what is important to YOU and that you don’t feel obligated to engage in anything that is not.

I’ve been feeling kind of Grinchy this year, and I think it’s in large part because the pressure just seems to become greater and greater every year. I’ve started to try to tune into what IS important. So, for example, this year I didn’t send cards. I’ve been waiting for my family to ask why WE didn’t send out cards so that I could point out that I send the cards — and I just didn’t have the time or energy this year.

Anyway, thanks for being a good example of creating traditions that matter to YOU and not that you do because all the cool kids are doing it.

4 Likes

I’m scared about this. I use it in my mashed potatoes. I’m stopping at each of the grocery stores I pass on my drive home tonight to see if I can snag some

1 Like

Do you think this is part of the scheme?

1. Create a scarcity mentality
  2. Reap the rewards of a run on cream cheese
1 Like

My dad goes there all the time. In fact his Christmas stocking is full if Lidl gifts and gift cards. I’m not sure how they are with allergy friendly foods though.

I don’t know, but I could 100% see that happening. The only thing I asked for our holiday meals is carrot cake for dessert and I think she just wanted to make sure that could happen. We really don’t use it for much else, but adding it to masked potatoes sounds like a really great idea!

1 Like

How very conspiratorial.

Oh! I just realized, I could use the cream cheese wrappers to make my tin foil hats!!!

5 Likes

You’re bad.

1 Like

:innocent: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I was going to say this is why no one likes you, but I thought it was too mean. It’s definitely why you get less :heart:s though :rofl:

1 Like

Way to recycle! Mother Earth thanks you!

3 Likes

THAT was funny!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just @DreamfindersGhost that no one likes :wink:

Mwah!

3 Likes

Costco had the normal shelf (about two vertical feet of a standard refrigerator display case) stocked full last week when I bought mine, and it was full last night when I was there. Both Publix stores I was in in the last week had no stock issues.

Wevs. I guess Florida is a land of contrasts.

3 Likes

I was going to go with:

1. Take PPP money to keep workers on the payroll
  2. Lay everyone off anyway
  3. Express shock - shock, I tell you! - when you find that the workers you laid off have moved to better paying jobs and won’t come back

But because because we live in the stupidest possible timeline, we get the 202x Greatest Hits

1. “Cyberattack” against the largest white-label producer of cream cheese
  2. Product not given to storage can’t be produced faster than the supply chain can deliver
  3. Shortage of minor but key ingredient (probably due to reasons 1-3 above) scuttles production.
5 Likes

From what I’m reading, there is some regionality to this. And here in Michigan, while Aldi was out entirely, I was still able to get some from Kroger. Not sure how much longer that will last, but we got enough for our short term needs.

1 Like