Home for the Holidays - a trip report

I was thinking about that. If more people showed up before park open to “RD” the new ride than the ride can take in an entire day, is it a bad thing that Disney let them enjoy the park while they wait instead of putting everyone on one line and closing the line? Or the right thing to do would be having a line and not closing it, no matter how long it got?

2 Likes

Very cool! Where exactly are the caves at? I missed that amongst other things when I was there. Of course at that point I hadn’t read the book so I didn’t know what to look out for either. I’m sure most people haven’t read the book and don’t know who Vi is and that she is the resistance spy the stormtroopers are looking for while they are walking around Batuu.

1 Like

@Randall1028 would you recommend this book for a soon-to-be-visitor of SW:GE?

1 Like

That does seem annoying. Over all this seems better thought-out that the queue situation at Universal for the Hagrid coaster, but they seemed to have a shortcut into the second last room of the queue there for people who were returning after a ride closure or whatever. I hope your next go results in an actual ride.

Not closing the line doesn’t seem sustainable because there are likely to be more people willing to wait there than can get through in the ride’s operating time, especially if it continues to be unreliable. Putting everyone on line and (eventually) closing the line is the approach Universal’s taken with Hagrid – I like the boarding group approach better, even if the unreliability means multiple runs at the queue before you actually ride.

3 Likes

That totally sucks! Hoping they get it back up soon for you. That happened to us in September on Millennium Falcon. We were at the point where you get the position cards and the fire alarms started going off and the CMs were freaking out trying to get us to all turn around and evacuated. I thought maybe it was good acting and part of the ride. No FP to return to it though.

2 Likes

And it will lead to a bigger crowd control issue as people insist on showing up earlier and earlier so they can have a snowball’s chance of a boarding group.

3 Likes

It’s in the resistance ride. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Others report no notification as well

1 Like

Ahh, that explains it then. Look forward to seeing it next year then!

1 Like

That is not okay.

They needed to engage in service recovery yesterday because they couldn’t accommodate all of the boarding groups. They are going to have a nightmare on their hands today.

2 Likes

Yes. It provides a nice backstory to appreciate the area more.

The audio book is well done if you can get it. Almost radio-drama levels.

2 Likes

I would! There is so much in the book that is in the land. The book is an easy read too.

2 Likes

No previews or soft openings so I guess this is what happens.

2 Likes

I feel so bad for the CMs left to deal with this.

3 Likes

Oh there’ll be a rise of a resistance, of that I can assure you. :smirk:

8 Likes

How appropriate!

3 Likes

@GeneralOrgana

:smiley:

5 Likes

7 minute wait for FP

1 Like

We’re rocking a half hour on my end. :unamused:

1 Like

I should have dragged you with us when I saw you as we were going in.