Home for the Holidays - a trip report

He’s realized we are a bunch of bloody lunatics and signed off for good. :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Was riding the monorail and checking ride times. Splash is 10 minutes. Hmmmm :thinking:

But first… lunch. Was gonna do pinnocio’s, but they got rid of the caprese flatbread. Sooo Columbia harbor house is getting a repeat!

5 Likes

I coooould go stand in that line. Oorrr I could do mobile order. :joy:

4 Likes

:astonished: how could they!!!

1 Like

Good choice! The more people who don’t do that the better for those of us who do!

1 Like

Agreed. Huge disappointment. What’s worse is they replaced it with a “meat lovers” or something and even the menu photos don’t make it look appetizing. Given PH’s already dubious ability to make appealing food, if the menu photos suck… I have no hope for the real thing.

I actually wonder if mobile ordering is contributing to longer lines for those who don’t mobile order.

I wouldn’t mind using mobile order, but until they decide to allow you to pay using Disney gift cards rather than a credit card, it makes use of mobile ordering difficult. We’ll have nearly $1000 in gift card/reward cards earmarked for food…and so it forces us to NOT use mobile ordering. Grr.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I doubt it. Having worked extensively in fast food, taking the orders and handling payment causes lines to be slow. Food preparations would be handled by separate people. Mobile ordering takes care of that lag.

2 Likes

When I’ve been at Disney, though, the backup is rarely at where you order/pay. The backup is after that, waiting for the food. The next person can’t order until the people who have already ordered can move forward.

But it has been since 2016 since I’ve been.

It doesn’t matter if it does.

It’s still like that.

10 Likes

Now isn’t that a nice little popcorn bucket…

2 Likes

Piece o’ junk. I already tossed it.

So what if it lights up??

3 Likes

So how do the marching bands get chosen to come down and march?

And same question for grand Marshaling the fof parade?

3 Likes

Okay: Question of the day is, how are the crowds? In the app, wait times still look fairly high considering this is supposed to be during a time of light crowds. The predictions put the CLs ways higher than I would have thought.

I love it!!! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I got to do this as a kid! I have no idea how we got chosen after submitting an application, though. It was fun! That trip - with high school friends - includes some of my best memories of Disney. ToT had JUST opened. We probably waited in like for 3 hours

I don’t remember seeing marching bands during the FoF parade before, though. Is this a different parade?
I know there are some bands, also, that play at DS, instead of marching.

3 Likes

14 Likes