Hollywood & Vine or Hollywood Brown Derby?

Thinking of supper.
Whatcha got?

ETA: Presuming neither resumes/gets a Fantasmic! dining package

1 Like

HV is a character meal and it’s ok. I’ve never been to BD b/c I can never get an ADR but everyone that goes also goes back.

1 Like

I don’t even think HBD will really cost much more than H&V.

I have been to H&V once. I have been to HBD as often as I can….

In September we at at Mythos at Universal, Citricos, and HBD. HBD is the meal my sister raves about.

2 Likes

With the kids, H&V but only because of characters

HBD is much better food and overall experience.

but here’s my heresy for the day - I don’t even love HBD

2 Likes

I had a very bad experience at HBD just trying to check on same day availability for 1. It totally soured me on the place and I’ve never been back. I don’t like places that take themselves too seriously.

I’ve been to H&V multiple times and I like the current 3 course meal better than the buffet. I thought the food was actually quite good and worth the cost in Disney prices. Also the characters are just so darn cute in their seasonal outfits.

1 Like

For us, we prefer HBD. Have had several great meals there. Most recently on our 20th anniversary trip, they brought us some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, so that didn’t hurt their cause at all!

2 Likes

We love HBD. It has become an every-trip tradition. Great food (especially the desserts), great service. Our kids enjoy the food. We find it less hoity-toity since it is in the park.

3 Likes

HBD hands down. I have eaten at both plenty of times and I have never been impressed with the food at H&V. We have done it for the characters but not for the food. We have always had great food at HBD. Their margarita flight is delicious.

4 Likes

HBD is my favorite TS restaurant at WDW. I eat there every trip, sometimes twice on the same trip. I love the food, the drinks, and the atmosphere of the restaurant. My experience with the service has been all over the place, however. I’ve had a couple of outstanding servers, several snobby or apathetic ones, and one who repeatedly kept trying to give me dairy even though I repeatedly told him I was allergic to it.

4 Likes