Holiday song on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

On my trip last month I was struck by how superior a ride GotG is with the original music, compared to the holiday song that was my only previous experience. (I rode twice this time and got “September” and “Disco Inferno”—both were great.)

I’m bummed at the prospect of the ride going back to that blah holiday mix on my next trip in December later this year.

So I wrote to WDW. Maybe they’ve gotten some other negative feedback about the holiday song, and adding my two cents will help. Or maybe some of you reading this, if you agree with me, will take a minute to send feedback too. :wink:

Here’s my message:

Hello! I’ve just started a tradition of visiting WDW every year in early December. I was there in 2022 and have a trip booked for December 2023 already. I’m writing to BEG you to NOT bring back the holiday song for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. I just did a quick WDW visit about a week ago and was able to experience GotG with two of the six regular songs after having only ridden with the holiday song back in December. The ride is SO MUCH BETTER with the regular songs! The holiday song is muddy-sounding and not nearly as fun — please don’t repeat the holiday song substitution later this year! Thanks for your attention.

And here’s Disney’s response:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding the Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind musical selection.

It is our goal to create Magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our leadership team and the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our Theme Parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

As diverse as the millions of visitors who come to the Walt Disney World Resort® each year, so are the reactions and opinions that we learn about. It is always our goal to provide a quality “show” for our Guests.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

Sincerely,

Ivan
Sales and Solutions

I thought the response was pretty good. I’m sure it’s mostly boilerplate, but it’s put together in a thoughtful way.

5 Likes

I’ve only ridden it with the holiday music but I’m sure (and know based on videos and comments) it’s far superior without it. I sent feedback back in january as well, hopefully they get enough to consider it!

3 Likes

Having only ridden it with the Holiday song, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked, given all the negative feelings against it…but I can see if you have experienced it with superior selections how it might be a disappointment.

With a billion and one Christmas songs in the world, it shouldn’t be hard for them to find another one. But, as I said, I felt it worked well.

2 Likes

There’s more than one holiday song, isn’t there? I had some version of Run, Run, Rudolph.

(Where’s @ThorKat ?)

2 Likes

Nope just the one. They claim it is a mashup of other songs but I only hear the Run, Run Rocket one. :grin:

5 Likes

I enjoyed the Holiday version but missed the anticipation of finding out what song I would get.

Maybe they should put it in rotation with the 6 regular songs. You might get it, you might not :wink:

6 Likes

Oh yay, I’m glad you did! How did you communicate your feedback?

1 Like

I don’t know about that. I can’t think of a single Christmas song that would work nearly as well as the standard six. Any suggestions, anyone?

1 Like

This is part of the problem. The mix is so muddy I had a hard time even hearing the tune.

3 Likes

This would be an improvement. But the song is meh, so why not just junk it?

How would you rank the holiday song rank among the other six, @ThorKat?

2 Likes

IMO Easily better than Conga and possibly better than I Ran :grin:

3 Likes

Interesting! Maybe I got the two best songs for me on my last trip.

1 Like

But…that is my favorite of the six songs (when not on the ride).

4 Likes

Well then I guess your ranking will be different. :wink:

4 Likes

I agree 100% that the original songs are MUCH better than the holiday mix. The thought of having that mix back makes me not want to visit during the holidays.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to Disney. I should do the same.

1 Like

Conga is even better on the ride!!!

2 Likes

Great idea!!

1 Like

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on y’all
It’s Christmas time

:musical_note:

1 Like

Just do it! :grin:

1 Like

DEFINITELY better than I Ran. I got that the first time I rode and was like “what the hell is this song and why do people like this ride?”
I thought the holiday music was cute. You know what would be funny? Mariah Carey All I Want for Christmas is You :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes