Hilton Hotels near Disney

I am flying into Orlando late night June 30th in order to travel to Inverness, FL area to see my mom who is not doing well in assisted living. I have gone to WDW a lot – and normally stay on property but I avoid holidays. It just works better for me to go over the 4th this time. I will be traveling alone but want to do something fun since flying into MCO. Now to my real question: Since I don’t want to spend a lot of time and money at Disney (for this trip), I am considering using my Hilton Honor Points to stay in the “Springs” or Bonnet Creak area. Anyone have a preference on Hilton Hotels? Also, should I stay Sunday (7/1) to Tuesday morning before driving up to Inverness or on my way back- Thursday (7/5) and my plan leaves early Saturday morning. And then, which park? I’ve been to Epcot lately – the most. I have not been to AK since updates and I like the park but I don’t like the Avatar themes. Last stop at HS was during the day before a flight so I haven’t seen Star Wars fireworks. So many decisions. Any suggestions? Especially re: Hilton chain hotels since there are several that would work.

There are a number of Hilton hotels on MouseSavers.com’s preferred list - check it out at Preferred Hotel Discounts - MouseSavers.com

I just booked the Embassy Suites through the MouseSaver link today . I linked it to my Hilton account.

We recently stayed at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. The hotel is crazy close to DS–there is pedestrian bridge from the hotel to DS. The convenience was great, but the rooms desperately need to be updated. Our room did have a great view of DS and we could see the Epcot fireworks as well.
Two years ago we stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. We enjoyed it. My kids liked the pool with the lazy river.

We stayed at Hilton Buena Vista Palace in Feb and are returning in a few weeks. We were pleased with the stay. Not perfect, of course, but certainly doable. Both rewards stays. Didn’t use buses, so can’t speak to that. We chose this property because BVP has EMH and 60 day FPP privileges through Dec. 2018.

Thanks everyone. I am using my Hilton rewards to stay at the Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I like the idea of being so close to Disney Springs. This will be a new experience for me. I hate driving but may need to take my rental car out to the Parks. Do you know if it is doable to walk to DS and then take Disney transportation to the Parks (or visa versa)?

1 Like

Please report back after your stay? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I would love to hear your thoughts, as well! We usually rack up quite a few Hilton honors points, so this would be a nice option to use them.

I know the buses don’t run from the parks to DS until after 4PM. I assume that they also don’t go from DS to the parks until then also - but I am not completely sure about that

I cancelled the Hilton. I found a decent price for the Dolphin. I have stayed there before and I really like it. I made my plans for Day 2 and it is DHS and Epcot. I was concerned about the transportation situation around DS. The last time I was in DS it was a mess – but it was a couple years ago.

1 Like

Dolphin always win!

1 Like