HHN 33 News, Updates & Planning

Predicting 27,942 steps…

4 Likes

I was doing my usual search for a lower hotel rate for price matching. I don’t know how long it will last but I found AP hotel rates for September back to the lowest I’ve seen since I booked more than 4+ months ago.

These rates are based on stays of at least 4 nights.

Endless Summer = $85
CBBR = $113
Aventura = $124
Sapphire Falls = $180
All premiere hotels = $310 - $ 350

2 Likes

As expected we got the Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire house announcement today!

2 Likes

The first story of one of the houses dropped today. It’s for Monsters of Latin America

1 Like

Yay for the ticket drops today! I know @darkmite2 will be so excited! Maybe not so excited about the price increase though :rofl:

1 Like

Here they are!

Adding UXP to the pass is an additional $410!!

I found this spreadsheet online… The price increase wasn’t as bad this year. (Plus, they do an increase every year, so I expecting it.)

I didn’t buy them this morning, but intend to do so.

In my preparation for going to HHN33 I’ve been working out a LOT to get into “theme park shape”. (preparing to walk 15 miles each day)

I’ve aggravated an old injury. It’s going to take weeks to heal. I’m doing my best to rest & take care of it to be able to go. However, I’m really disheartened this week about it & worried this might prevent me from going.

I’m frustrated at myself about the injury and buying $1200+ of non-refundable tickets will increase my anxiety about the whole situation. I’ve told myself to wait 2 more weeks or so (August) and figure it out. Sadly, there no treatment or medicine I can take - just rest & pray it gets better quickly…

5 Likes

Oh no! I really hate to hear this. I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for you for sure!

2 Likes

I really appreciate it. These HHN events with my daughter have really meant a lot to me. I will probably still go, even if I have to rent a EVC or something! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

I ordered all kinds of special heating pads and compression braces hoping it will help!

2 Likes

Oh dear, this is awful! I’m so sorry! Really hoping the rest will payoff and you will be okay to go. Even if you have to take things slower than you normally would!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not ever supposed to be jogging or running any more due this injury. I got cocky and did a couple of laps of jogging to “practice” RD Hagrid’s :rofl: :rofl:

I didn’t even notice anything until the next day. It’s my Achilles. I ruptured it in 2017 and had to get 3 procedures to repair it.

Last week it was so bad I was limping. This week I can walk, but with pain. I broke out my old crutches and been using them. My plan for this weekend is, literally, bed rest. I’m hoping that if I truly “baby” it that it’s going to improve faster.

3 Likes

Dang, i gambled on the dates months ago when i booked RPR. Missed it by one weekend! Oh well, two nights it is. RIP one of those nights.

Ended up on a scooter the last two trips. It wasn’t as bad as I feared but would have been easier if we both had them. It was easy to forget I wasnt expending much energy. Combined with the “excitement” of the trip being able to continue I pushed way harder than if walking. Poor Julie

2 Likes

This make me hopeful!

My favorite podcaster recently got diagnosed with MS. He did his first trip at UOR in a scooter & was pleased with how accommodating everyone one was.

I’m sincerely hoping it doesn’t come to that, but it’s going to be an option!

I’ve always wanted one of these!! I was thinking of asking DD22 if she’d like to do the day time tour to see the sets with the lights on & get more details… We’ll see!!

2 Likes

Both times i used Buena Vista. The first was at RPR and a truck just happened to be on the way and had some ECVs.

Second was at CB and it was at the resort within the hour. Not sure if thats typical but that was my experience.

Parades create tremendous choke points especially around Fallon when you have to navigate the side walk. Other than that it was pretty easy. Even most guests seemed more aware of your presence. Less littles to mind after I supppse.

Good luck @darkmite2

1 Like

It’s really not, as long as you’re not getting Express. Even with Express it’s not terrible compared to how much single night Express went up… it comes out to like $4.50 or less per night increase, and single night Express went up by much more than that most nights. I’m getting the regular Rush anyway, which stayed the same price.

1 Like

Here’s the newest house announcement!

As foretold earlier in the thread we’re getting Insidious

2 Likes

I’m going six nights this year. So, it’s right at $100 per night with UXP. That’s pretty fair…

The last couple of years I’ve done 8 - 10 nights to get more value…

I’m pondering if I should extend my stay a day or two to “save” money!! Only joking!! :laughing::laughing::shark::shark:

1 Like

My thought process about labor day weekend has been something like “Flights aren’t that bad… hotel is meh, but not terrible… it’s going to rain, though… but I’d get more use out of my pass”

1 Like

Boy, tix are going fast!

1 Like

Wow! I just saw the news!

I hate the idea of Rush of Fear possibly selling out!

With my leg issues I am so nervous to buy mine, even if I know I am probably going. :grimacing::grimacing::fearful::fearful:

I checked out the flights & hotel this morning just to “see” if going a day or two early would be a big difference…

The flight would be the same cost and I could get a room at Aventura (The hotel already booked for $111)

or I could do Dockside for $68???

I’m strongly thinking about it!! I’ve made an appointment to go see my former psychical therapist about my leg. Hopefully, they can do something other than say, “Yep! You gotta rest it!”

1 Like