HHN 32 News, Updates & Planning

I do recall a DUMP of the original houses all on one day last year (unless I’m misremembering… I’ve slept since then!)

1 Like

Today seems to be the day lighting rigs are going up on various areas! Set pieces should go in place once that’s done. Those will give a bit of insight to possible scare zones!!

3 Likes

Is HHN on the Universal side only? When I go in September, I’ll be there on a Wednesday and Thursday night. How does HHN affect park closing hours, and is IOA impacted at all?

1 Like

in my recollection IOA is not affect but Universal Studios is. (which means the Hogwarts Express too)

2 Likes

HHN does only happen in USF. USF will close at 6pm. However, IOA will remain open, usually until 9pm.

IOA does get busier after 5:30pm as those not attending HHN typically migrate over there for the last 3+ hours.

IOA has had the Dark Arts projection show & roaming Death Eaters in the Hogsmeade area in the past. However, the WWOHP nighttime shows there have not been active for the last couple months. There is no update when/if they’ll return or if the Death Eaters will come out at this time.

Personally, I’m hopefully that the Dark Arts show will usher in the return of the projection shows. :crossed_fingers:

I’m planning at least one night where I stay in IOA until 9pm to see the Dark Arts and ride Hagrid’s after dark then getting a late start on HHN.

I suspect a lot of things will start getting announced after the start of August!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Does anyone remember when HHN was in IOA? Long time ago :rofl:

I was there in 2004 (maybe) and HHN was in IOA. I remember my mind was blown…

1 Like

I’ve only seen pictures and heard stories! The" Marvel Island Under Siege" in 2002 looked great!

2 Likes

I’m seeing pictures on social media of a display set up in Diagon Alley… looking very much like a death eater stage!

2 Likes

Is it Hollywood or Orlando? They are doing the show out at USH right now. They even have drones for a finale!

:scream:

Looks to be Orlando! I follow Sam.iin.wonderland on instagram and she posted some stories on her instagram!

1 Like

I followed!

Yep! That’s definitely the glowing smoke machine stage they use for the Death Eaters!!

What a scoop! Congrats!!

You made my day! Now, I’m hoping they’ll be there while DD is with me. She missed them last year!!

2 Likes

I’m sure they will be! I’m so excited! The only downside to this is Diagon Alley will be far busier during HHN (I imagine) but I love that this will add to the overall spooky vibe.

2 Likes

I only noticed it was DA and not Hogsmeade after your reply.

Maybe the show really isn’t coming back for HHN…:sob::sob:

DA was a ghost town last year at night. I loved it!

2 Likes

These have been spotted out in “London” as well! That’s most likely a fog machine. That section of USF was clear of fog and such last year. My daughter loathes the stuff!!

1 Like

Oh, interesting! I kinda figured they would still leave this area clear of anything.

1 Like

The staging area for the Death Eaters has been completed and roped off.

They are keeping it close to the entrance to the Land. (similar to how it was in Hogsmeade)

I’m pretty sure that’s right around Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes

3 Likes

Yes, this is the back entrance with Sugar Plums sweet shop just to the left I believe…

1 Like
2 Likes

No new house updates is so frustrating!! lol!! :rofl:

I’m hopeful we’ll get something once August gets here! (maybe before :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:)

1 Like