Hey friends across the pond... this?

OK, I keep seeing this on Twitter:

and I thought… USO is opening a new part of the world of Harry Potter??? so I clicked on the link and found this: How to get to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (wbstudiotour.co.uk)

I have questions for our friends across the pond: Have you been there? Is it just like USO? more… please @Shmebulock @Nicky_S @sanstitre_has_left_the_building @melcort10

ETA: sorry if I miss some of you over there, but I don’t know where everyone lives :wink:

8 Likes

I’ve done the studio tour in 2020, so before this new section opened - and I’ve not been to USO yet, so take my comments in that lens.

It’s a good day out, but no, it’s not a theme park experience. You have a lot of film props, including the Hogwarts scale model they use for all the fly overs, walk through of the forbidden forest and a cafe with Butter beer. If you are in London, it’s a nice side trip, but I wouldn’t do a vacation focussed on it.

6 Likes

oh… thank you SO much, I appreciate your thoughts!

1 Like

This is part of my wish list for our trip I hope to take soon!

3 Likes

I did it in 2017 and we spent about 5 hours there. You basically look at props, there are photo ops and they sell butterbeer - it’s fab but not much like the theme parks except it does have a Diagon Alley.

5 Likes

I’m going there in September, on my way to DLP.

7 Likes

that’s a fair amount of time. How does the butterbeer compare to USO?

I hope you share pictures :partying_face:

2 Likes

…and how could I forget you on the list of those across the pond… sorry :thinking:

3 Likes

The same but smaller cups. They have the icecream too and it is comically tiny - like a baby ice cream cone.

3 Likes

That’s ok!

1 Like

is that the British way? The US is sometimes comically large :wink:

2 Likes

No it is not!! Let me find a pic.

1 Like

Oh I don’t have one! This is the butterbeer. It was about £6 for one, Disney prices.

Of course my experience was 5 years ago.

8 Likes

well… I agree that is comically tiny… and especially for that price. I guess they took a page from Chapek on price gouging :laughing:

4 Likes

When I worked at Warner Bros. MovieWorld in AU we had the first Harry Potter attraction anywhere. It was very similar to the one in the UK. It was called, “The Harry Potter Movie Magic Experience”. A wizard, like myself, would take you on a tour of places like the Weasley’s home, Knockturn / Diagon Alley and various shops like Olivander’s. We had live owls and trainers from the AU zoo. You’d go into the Forbidden Forrest and see Aragog. There’s a lot more. It was about a 10 - 12 minute tour of props & sets with us performing. It was pretty neat. However, I wouldn’t have planned a day around it.

6 Likes

I have not been but we looked at it. I will do it next time we go when my kids are older. One thing worth noting is that it books weeks or months in advance. I can’t tell you the dozens of Facebook posts I have seen about complaints that it was sold out for someone’s trip. Are you going across the pond soon??

1 Like

Not any time soon, but I appreciate knowing how quickly the reservations fill up.

1 Like

It’s on my to do list!!
Haven’t made it there yet.

Last year we went to an HP forbidden forest experience near Manchester. It was fabulous! We’ve booked in again for it this year :grin:

5 Likes

Oh that sounds fun :star_struck:

1 Like

Wait, you lived in Australia?! Did you also live in Orlando at one time or am I just making this up?

1 Like