Help with AK touring plan please

So I have been working on our touring plans. I hate to second guess the touring plans gods but this one that it gave me for AK doesn’t seem right? I would appreciate any thoughts you all could give me.

First of all I feel like we should rope drop FOP? Also I am thinking that shows can wait until the hottest part of the day? Except for Feathered Friends because it is not inside. Should we be trying to bang out all the rides first and then walking trails and shows?

1. Na’vi River Journey 8:10am arrival 5 min wait

2. Avatar Flight of Passage 8:21am arrival 11 min wait

3. Kilimanjaro Safaris 8:47am arrival 4 min wait

4. Kali River Rapids 9:19am arrival 19 min wait

5.Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost 9:51am arrival 20 min wait

1. Feathered Friends In Flight! 10:15am arrival 15 min wait (show at 10:30)
    Notes:* 30 minutes long

2. DINOSAUR 11:04am arrival 20min wait

3. TriceraTop Spin11:31am arrival 8 min wait

4. Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond! 11:45am arrival 15min wait (12 show time)Notes:* 35 minutes long

5. It’s Tough to Be a Bug! 12:42pm arrival 12min wait

6. Maharajah Jungle Trek1:06pm Spending 20 minutes.

7. Festival of the Lion King1:34pm arrival 26 min wait (2:00 show time)
    Notes:* 30 minutes long

8. Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail 2:35pm Spending 20 minutes.

9. Yak & Yeti Restaurant 3:35pm
    3:45pm for 60 minutes

10. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain 4:39pm arrival 16 min wait

1 Like

You rang??

Definitely rope drop FOP unless you want to ILL$ it later
Catch Navi right after
No idea why, but the software mixes these two start steps up all the time. It’s annoying.

I think the order of things is just fine. I wouldn’t change a thing other than swapping those two first steps, honestly.

1 Like

Knowing that this is your fav park I was hoping that you would weigh in. I was thinking the same but wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy. We haven’t been since 2018 so I am a total rookie now.

DH definitely wants to avoid G+ and ILL if at all possible. We shall see how it goes. I am actually better with ILL than G+ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for your insight. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

It feels like there is some extra walking around with this but doable. I agree with rope dropping FoP. I doubt you will get an 11 min wait that far into the morning. The only thing I couldn’t do is ride Everest after eating at Y&Y.
I would be curious to see how the plan works out if you switch 4 and 10 and then 9 and 15.

1 Like

Haha that might actually be good point about Everest. Let me see what happens if I switch it.

1 Like

Definitely hit FOP and then Navi. Be in line at AK at least 30-45 minutes before EE.

1 Like

I have done the same AK plan several times and it never fails:

1. FOP
  2. Naavi
  3. Everest x2-3
  4. Dinosaur x2
  5. Kaali

Then shows and other thighs or RD Nomad

1. Kilimanjaro towards the end of the day.
3 Likes

If you did Na’vi in 2018 and you see the wait is kinda long after FOP, I would consider skipping it.

Definitely see the Winged Encounters if you haven’t before, it doesn’t take much time.

Have you done the Animation Experience before? It’s neat to do at least once.

2 Likes

Yes we will only do Na’vi if the wait is not super long. We haven’t done the animation experience but I will check it out.

2 Likes

Ok, it is a pretty big time commitment with having to take the train. But if some of your family likes drawing/teaching class, it is worthwhile.

1 Like

This is the only reason it did not make my plan for fall. With the circumstances of what my group is asking for we can’t afford that time commitment. Which stinks because AE is one of the best offerings at all of WDW

2 Likes

I took this just for you @OBNurseNH

6 Likes

Oh you are so sweet!

Look how pretty she is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You made my day! Thank you!

3 Likes

I’m glad I could help make your day better. She did look beautiful but it was way too gosh darn hot yesterday. We looked a mess :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes