Help with a short 4 day trip to Nashville

So far we have a Titans/Saints game. We would love some restaurant recommendations and maybe a sight or two to see. This is primarily a trip to spend an early Christmas weekend with the boys and their brides. Biscuit Love and Grand ole Opry are sort of on the list. Thanks!

Paging @Dreamer our Tennessee resident. :grin:

1 Like

I think it depends on your interests. Museums? Country music sites? History? Shopping?

Biscuit Love is an excellent choice (you must order some bonuts).
What area of town are you staying in?

Tourists flock to Broadway. Lots of touristy shops and bars. Not really Nashville to me. But it is in the general location of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
12 South is another popular tourist area but I actually like the area. Good restaurants and shopping. And a location of Jeni’s ice cream—so good. The Gulch also has a great selection of restaurants. I can be more specific if you let me know what kind of food you like.

1 Like

We did a tour many years ago that drove us to multiple sites and gave us both info and free time. We then went back and revisited some places we enjoyed.

Check viator to see if there are any tours that interest you???

Go see a Predators game, its right downtown on Broadway.
The whole downtown area is nice, including the Ryman.
The zoo is pretty great, and so is the Parthenon.

Sorry for the delay. We will be in the Woodbine area. It looks to be about ten minutes to downtown. I love some history. As for food everything is on the table. Southern cuisine isnt that important but if it’s great I’m in! We are from the south.

1 Like

That is pretty close to downtown. Just a tip–if you drive to downtown park at the public library parking lot. It’s the cheapest option (and it’s close to Bridgestone where the Predators play).

I think for someone who enjoys history a visit to The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson’s home) would be enjoyable.
Something else that’s fun is the Hatch Show Print–it’s one of the oldest working print presses (it’s downtown).
Cheekwood Gardens is lovely to visit at Christmas time–it has a great light display.

Food wise there are so many places I love. If you want the original Nashville hot chicken, you should go to Hattie B’s. I don’t really love it but most people seem to.
Virago is a fabulous Asian fusion restaurant in The Gulch (an area of Nashville–it also the area of one the Biscuit Love locations).
Adele’s (also in The Gulch) has a great weekend brunch. They have a yummy dinner menu too.
12 South is a fun area (and pretty close to where you are staying). You really should get some ice cream at Jeni’s (12 South isn’t the only location). There are lots of good restaurant choices–Burger Up (for burgers obviously), Flipside (chicken place), Josephine (nicer modern American food) and Edley’s (barbeque) Our favorite place on 12 South is probably Taquiera del Sol (not fancy and not expensive).
Our favorite Indian place is Sitar (it is in West End near Vanderbilt).
On my list of places that I want to visit but haven’t is Pinewood Social–it’s a restaurant/bar/coffee shop/bowling alley/bocce ball.
Loveless Cafe is classic Nashville/southern food. It is probably about 15 miles west of the city though.
I could probably go on and on. Let me know if you have questions about other places you might be considering.

2 Likes

I keep thinking of restaurants to add. Etch is fabulous if you want upscale dining. Monell’s is classic southern food where you sit at big tables with other guests and the food is served family style (it’s fun but it is loud and they do not take reservations).
Also on 12 South we like Frothy Monkey and Bartaco (but that is chain).
And Pancake Pantry is another Nashville staple. Long lines especially on the weekends so go early if you want to avoid a long wait.

2 Likes

I’m from Memphis but I’ve been living in Nashville for 13 years. Central BBQ (Memphis original) just opened up here right by downtown and I’d recommend that if you’re a BBQ fan. Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch is also really good. They say Prince’s hot chicken is the original Nashville hot chicken, but Hattie B’s has more tourist appeal and I think more locations. Along the same lines as Pinewood Social, another trendy place called Pins Mechanical Co. just opened in the Gulch. If you like arcade games though I’d recommend HQ Beercade if you’re already going to be downtown!

1 Like

For history you can also check out the Parthenon I’m Centennial Park, straight out Broadway From downtown. Giant statue of Athena inside and a neat Worlds Fair history!

2 Likes

Headed to the airport, thanks for all the tips!

1 Like

Which biscuit love, the Gulch or Hillsburo Village? Both are 3.3 and 3.3 miles from the VRBO. We will more than likely Uber tomorrow morning before the kids start arriving. Also where would you recommend getting groceries. We are in Woodbine lose to 440. TIA!

The Gulch location usually has longer lines. We tend to go to the Hillsboro location because we typically don’t have to wait (or at least not long). Parking will seem like a nightmare right around the Hillsboro location, but there’s of lot street parking on the other side of 21st. There’s also on Jeni’s ice cream on 21st near it if you are looking for some ice cream. And there are cute shops on 21st as well.

There’s a Kroger near 155 (a bit east probably) and a Walmart near 155 (a bit west probably). Which one is close would really just depend on what part of Woodbine you are in.

No car so no problem with parking. We are near Foster on Elberta st. Once the kids start arriving tomorrow night we’ll have transportation. Until we will ride share.

1 Like

That’s actually great. Parking can be a pain.

Actually, I’m guessing the Kroger is closer. The Walmart is probably really Berry Hill area and not the Woodbine area.

1 Like

At BL now!

1 Like

Is it crazy today?

Not bad but it was getting busy as we left. We went to the one in Franklin.

1 Like

I’ve never been to that one–actually I’m not sure I knew there was one in Franklin.
Franklin has a cute downtown area.