Help - trip is soon...freaking out that I've forgotten something

Hi guys! We leave in just over 1 week. ADRs are booked, FPPs booked, MDE and lines app on my phone, about to do my TP fax room request [hard to pick an ideal room since our biggest priority is that we have connecting rooms with my parents (ie. there’s a door between the two rooms)], we have ponchos, we’ve ordered our food and stroller to be delivered, I’ve got a list of good places to get snacks, good spots to see Wishes, Illuminations, etc, items to pack (packing list) and tips (i.e. pack own pillowcase in case laundry detergent irritates your skin). Am I missing anything? Thanks so much for all the advice and tips over the past few months. Feel like I’m ready to hit the World with my family!!

4 Likes

Now relax and enjoy!

1 Like

What @PrincipalTinker said!
And share those lists with us when you get back, lol!

I always have that " forgot something " feeling before a trip, and honestly, I almost always have forgotten something! That is why I like to travel with a little extra budget line-item for stuff I forgot and a small notebook (or phone app) for jotting down things I forgot/ missed this time to help me plan my next trip. Helps me maintain my delusion of control control over my life :wink:.

1 Like

It’s a natural feeling but you’ll probably end up coming home wondering why on earth you took so much stuff. We used a packing list our first trip and 90% of it never got taken out of the package lol. Now we pack two carry-ons and take as little into the parks as we can.

1 Like

Do you need an autograph book? Try to relax, even though that’s impossible :slight_smile:

Thx everyone. I will be sure to report back with any tips and packing ideas upon our return. We do have autograph books and costumes for the kids. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I always keep a medical stash “just in case”. Band aids, tylenol, allergy meds, kids chewable pepto bismal tablets, and dramamine. Usually unnecessary but so nice on the rare times when needed. My daughter broke out in a rash and the benedryl saved the day and my 9yr old son has an “iffy” stomache but loves the wild rides. But I agree with the others, take it easy and stalk the wait times! lol

Thx @rainfamily - good thinking.

I see to suggest people bring a roll of quarters and some detergent pods to do laundry. Don’t need the quarters now - washers/dryers take credit cards and have an “app”

1 Like

Should be “used to suggest”

A good way to learn how to avoid overpacking is to do a post-trip luggage audit. When unpacking, take note of all the things you did not use. If there was not a good reason why you did not use something (e.g. didn’t use ponchos because it didn’t rain), then don’t pack it next time.

1 Like

I have found that other than meds, glasses, and phones, there is virtually nothing you can’t get there if you forget something that you really need.

4 Likes

Yes to what everyone else said! But also a good attitude and a grain of salt! Have a magical time!!

1 Like

Thx so much everyone. These are great tips. Can’t wait!!