HELP PLEASE... Opinions needed

I definitely recommend the reservation finder and have it search for both lunch and dinner. I’m sure you will find a better time. I started with a less than ideal time (4:50pm dinner) at 180 days out and was notified for both 7pm dinner and 11:45am lunch.

If all else fails, start checking regularly 1-3 days before the day for which you want the reservation. Tons of people make reservations “just in case” and cancel them last minute, at which point many openings will come up. If you are skeptical, just get on MDE some evening and see what’s available for the next day in character dining. Eg: I just checked and there’s an 8:30 am breakfast for 4 available tomorrow. Good luck!

Given that this is a “once and only” trip to WDW and you have only 1 day at MK, I would not use that reservation at BOG - even if you only go for dessert, it could still take a lot of time and make it difficult to see Wishes. in fact, I would not do any TS restaurants, as I would want to cram in as many attractions as possible and would do QS instead - the only way I would do a TS would be if I could also use it as part of an afternoon break to relax/recharge. Therefore, I would use the reservation finder to look for a lunch ADR for BOG or the earliest dinner ADR available.

With only one day in MK, I would choose Wishes over any sit down reservations any day!! There is plenty of good food at the counter service style restaurants.

Having that been said, use the reservation finder ~AND~ keep checking MDE several times a day and see if something else opens up earlier that would suit you better. The trick is to keep checking as often as you possibly can. The res finder is good, but I have found my own by stalking the system. Something might open up 1 week before, or even 1 day before. Just be sure to cancel within the allowable time frame to avoid the fee.

1 Like

Yeah, then I would stick with what everyone else has said. BOG is beautiful but I assure you, for a once in a lifetime trip, you’d be disappointed that you chose dessert over fireworks and at the end of the day, it really is just a restaurant. Fireworks really make the evening feel magical. Be sure to get there in time to see Celebrate the Magic before Wishes. You guys will have a great time and I’m excited your family gets to enjoy this special trip together! Don’t stress about it… that will prevent you from enjoying this trip that you’ve saved for and hopefully reservation finder will help find you a table at a better time.

[quote=“brklinck, post:24, topic:26888”]
I would not do any TS restaurants, as I would want to cram in as many attractions as possible and would do QS instead[/quote]

I don’t agree with this, at least not in all cases. For me personally, I do often like to see how many different attractions I can visit in a single day, but I’ve also traveled with people who feel overwhelmed by doing that (and, thus, don’t want to return). Since it’s impossible to see and do everything in one day at the Magic Kingdom, I’d hate to focus too much on trying to do too much, and rather, just enjoy a variety of different experiences around the park. I’m not saying not to have a touring plan or to approach seeing attractions/shows/parades in a logical order, but I also don’t think taking an hour and a half for a meal that you couldn’t experience anywhere else is a bad thing. Of course, it depends on the group’s touring style/goals, but if I only had one day in the Magic Kingdom, then I might skip the afternoon break I usually suggest and use a leisurely meal and a couple longer slower attractions (riverboat, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents) as a sorta break time.

2 Likes

I agree with this advice. We are going in mid December and even getting on early morning 180 days out I was disappointed in what I could get. I kept checking and now have reasonable ADRs at all of our choices

Ask the girls what they prefer and plan it together :slight_smile: unless it is a surprise? Gaston’s tavern is fun as well as the Storybook time with Belle-more experiences less time. Whatever you do it will be so much fun and the girls wont know what they are missing either way so it will be all good whatever you decide :slight_smile: Have fun!

1 Like

HELLO ALL!!

Figured I would throw up an update…
we got a better rez time!! woot!

We landed a 9:30am breakfast… much, much better than a 10pm dinner.

Thanks everyone for all the help, advice, and opinions. I really appreciate it!!

3 Likes

Perfect! I was just about to chime in in agreement that BOG dinner is nice but definitely mixed reviews (I personally was glad to experience it but still am not sure if I feel it lived up to all the hype), I definitely wouldn’t miss wishes over it! Breakfast is a great alternative!!

You may want to keep the dinner to see it at night and just get dessert. I always eat breakfast but am allergic to eggs. I don’t like pancakes, waffles or cronuts. I occasionally eat delicious looking pancakes though. I got the meat platter.

Keep the reservation - but keep trying for a better time. However my family and I were COMPLETELY NON PLUSSED by it. It was “OK” - not great. There is NOTHING special at all. BIG DEAL they “magically” bring you your food - they so the same thing at Red Robins.

I truely don’t get the deal with BOG. The food was fine - not great. Between WISHES and BOG - WISHES hands down. NOW if they are into princesses - try NORWAY - that is fun.

ANOTHER UPDATE>>>>

Luck has it, we scored a 8:05am breakfast reservation!! even better than the 9:35 I am thinking.
We were planning to attend the opening ceremony… but now I am wondering… can anyone tell me, what time will they allow us to enter the park? I know the park opens at 8… so will they let us in slightly earlier to be to BOG on time? thank you again!!

People line up for early breakfast entry and they start letting everyone in around 7:45. It’s great!

1 Like

Oops. I’m not sure if that’s true on a day when the park opens to everyone at 8. Sorry. I shouldn’t have answered so quickly. Hopefully someone else has experience with 8am park opening days.

1 Like

Did you drop your 9:35? I think watching the opening show and getting to attractions from 8:00-9:35 may have shorter waits? Unless of course your priority is photos of empty Main Street?

Using TP I played with both options… being that I had my stubborn head set on either proceeding or following the BOG meal with the Belle Enchanted Tales… the wait times made little difference and overall the wait times for the day are really manageable. (hence my confusion on another thread about CL and what TP was giving me for estimates)

I did release the 9:35am… and kept the 8am. I set aside 60min for breakfast (hoping that should be close) and we go straight to Belle after with an estimated 7 min wait, then over to Pooh with estimated wait of 15min, then on to the Tea Cups with a wait of 4min. and so on.

perhaps I should just call the dining line and ask them this question?

The dining line will not give you reliable info! Have you tried chat?

Oh! With those attractions your plan is perfect !