HELP! Park Reservations Suddenly Closed

Hello, planning a trip to DLR from next Wed 9/27 to Fri 9/29. The people size of my group has been in the air and so just bought tickets and went to make park reservations. Suddenly as of today, Thu 9/28 is closed for both DL and DCA. Set up alerts on thrill data and hoping something opens. It seems like Disney reduced park capacity for this day and also a few other days over the next 1-2 weeks. It shows that all of the upcoming sold out days were closed as of today.

Based on other’s experiences, what are my chances of finding a reservation? If I do not get a reservation, can I show up to either park after 11AM? (We do have park hoppers.)

2 Likes

Unfortunately you will need to get a park pass to enter either park, regardless of whether it is before or after hopping time. I would keep checking back, including the day of your trip – it’s highly possible that reservations will eventually pop up (even if not until the afternoon). If worse comes to worst, you could just go to Downtown Disney or other attractions that day.

Do you have a partial day Saturday that you could use the remaining day of your ticket for in case you can’t get in Thursday?

2 Likes

Boarding a cruise on Saturday. Not sure if enough time for much at the parks.

On site guest reservations are still open…is it a common practice to book hotel / park reservations then cancel the hotel?

2 Likes

That might work, but not sure …

1 Like

That has worked for me in the past.

2 Likes

Look at you being all tricksy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, actually someone did it for me but it worked.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the replies! Have a good evening.

2 Likes

Ok, resurrecting this old thread. I misread what my travel agent sent me and thought I couldn’t make DL park reservations until Jan 6 for a trip starting on Jan 10. Now one day of our trip has no park reservations available.

If I make a DLR hotel reservation for that day, would I be able to make a park reservation with my existing tickets for that day? We’re currently staying at a good neighbor hotel. I have alerts set up, but would prefer not to stress for the next two weeks. We’re doing the half marathon that day, so going somewhere not Disney is not really a good option.

1 Like

Onsite guests have their own bucket of reservations so it might work. Are there even hotel rooms still available if that’s race weekend?

2 Likes

Ooph! Bad travel agent! No kickbacks!

But yeah, that weekend is a double whammy Half Marathon - MLK weekend. So I hope something does pop up. I was stressing until I got my APRs set up for there.

1 Like

I really hope you can get an APR one way or another! Keep checking. They often pop up the day before or the morning of as locals cancel their placeholder APRs that they decide not to use.

2 Likes

I booked a package with a TA and the tickets don’t show up in the tickets section of the website or app (I think this is what threw me off in the first place). Until I find the ticket number, I can’t link it to my new reservation, so I can’t make a park reservation off of that.

I’ve signed up for alerts, but when they go off, I’m not fast enough to snag it. :sob:

1 Like

Today I happened to be on my phone when the alert came through and was able to grab it. Had to go through my hotel reservation to get the availability to show up. Whew, that was stressful!

1 Like