HELP - My plan won't Optimize!

I started setting up personalized plans for my trip in August and the first 2 days went just fine, but the third day won’t optimize. There is a message at the top of the plan stating:

“After-dark experiences are not available at Magic Kingdom on 8/27/19 since the park is predicted to close near or before sunset.”

I don’t think I have anything on the plan that is exclusively “after dark” like fireworks, and knowing that there is likely to be a MNSSHP that night, I entered that we would be leaving the park around 5pm.

I’m sure this message is what is preventing the plan from being optimized, but I can’t seem to figure out what needs to be changed to correct it.

Anyone have any ideas???

Can you publish your plan and post the link here so we can take a look? There is a check box on the touring plan that says “publish this plan” and it will then create a link that you can share with us.

Tom Sawyer island? Swiss family robinson treehouse?

Edited - I made some fake touring plans for that day and I am seeing that message every time, so I think it’s just a general note. I can’t seem to get it to finish “optimizing”, either - it just keeps spinning. Sorry!

Hi OBNurseNH,
I don’t have either attraction in my my plan :frowning:

Hi ErinMJL,
Checked the “edit” button on all the attractions and the only thing I see is an option for rider switch on some of them.

Yeah, sorry, I just tried a few things and when I made a plan from scratch (rather than copying one) I didn’t see that option either. I do get the message about sunset every time, and am having trouble getting plans for that day to finish optimizing, so I don’t think it’s you.

Hey rckstrscat,
So, this is driving me nuts! I know I’ve seen the publish plan option before, but I can’t seem to find it!.

Here is a copy/paste of the plan if that helps…

Optimize/Evaluate Suggestions

Park hours, show times, and wait time forecasts often change! We suggest that you:

1. A bit prior to your plan’s start time (for example, the previous night), look over your plan to make sure that its times and attractions are still appropriate. Also run Optimize/Evaluate to take advantage of the latest data.
  2. Use our mobile Lines App to mark steps as “Done” while executing your plan. Optimize/Evaluate after your first 2-3 steps to get a revised plan based on observed wait times that day. If you’d like, repeat this periodically throughout the day.

Your Plan Steps (drag to reorder)

STEP ARRIVAL WAIT DURATION FREE TIME WALK TIME

1. The Barnstormer Edit X

Minimum Height: 35 in
Move Down

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Edit X

Minimum Height: 40 in
Move Up | Move Down

1. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Country Bear Jamboree Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. The Haunted Mansion Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. it’s a small world Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Jungle Cruise Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Mad Tea Party Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Mickey’s PhilharMagic Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Splash Mountain Edit X

Minimum Height: 40 in
Move Up | Move Down

1. Tomorrowland Speedway Edit X

Minimum Height: 32 in
Move Up | Move Down

1. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room Edit X

Move Up | Move Down

1. Be Our Guest Restaurant Edit X

Move Up
1:00pm for 75 minutes

Thanks for trying - totally worth a shot!

Try taking out Tomorrowland Speedway.

That is closing sometime December / January for work on the new Tron ride, and I don’t think a date has been set for re-opening. The Optimiser could just be using a generic error message for more common errors.

As for publishing, I’ll see if I can find it. First though I need to reset my password as for some reason when I click on my dashboard I am no longer logged in! And of course my “usual” Disney-related passwords appear not to be correct. :joy:

OK…

When you come to the Evaluate / Optimise screen, click the Edit button on the “Plan Name” box at the top.

On the next screen there’s a “publish this plan” box. Tick that and you’ll get a URL to post into the thread.