HELP! MVMCP or Spirit of Aloha Tues Dec 11

We are planning a Disneyworld Trip Dec 7-12 for my daughter & son-in-law as a gift for their 40th birthdays. Staying at AKL - Jambo.
SIL has never been (not great on vacations…) and Daughter was there when she was 11?
I have a feeling they’re thinking it’s all rides - like great america?
They’ll have park hopper tickets for each day they’re there.
I’ve booked a dinner show, SOA on Dec 11 (only day to get category 1 seats) Then have them go to Illuminations that night to finish out their vacay.

Now I’m rethinking of having them do MVMCP instead. It sounds magical, but…not sure it’s worth the $$ for them.
Booked:
Dec 7 Hoop Di Doo
Dec 8 b-fast to get tickets to Epcot’s Candlelight processional 6:15 show.

Dec 11 (last night) SOA OR MVMCP??
Other hints are welcome.

SOA doesn’t get good reviews but most people love MVMCP. Personally, I didn’t think it was worth the money, what about a Dining package for ROL, or Starwars or Frozen dessert party, dinner at Cali Grill with a view of the fireworks

I think MVMCP is the most magical event in the world.

4 Likes

If either of them is big into Christmas, I’d go with MVMCP.

MVMCP by far. We did SOA tier 1 about 10 years ago so maybe things have changed. SOA was decent but does not compare in terms of entertainment. The food was plentiful but not fantastic for me anyway. I found Boma and Sanaa to have better food. I am going to suspect that they are less than enthusiastic about the special character greetings at the Party. However, you still have a great fireworks show, the parade and shorter ride times. It is a great way to end a vacation.

Another vote for MVMCP, nothing better to get into the holiday spirit.

We will also be there the same week! Spirit of Aloha can be cancelled for weather, and often is, especially if it’s cold. I read a lot of sad stories of people who were excited to see the show and it got cancelled because it wasn’t warm enough for the performers. My in-laws went to SOA and were super disappointed with the show, they said it was dated and boring. We have tix to to that Tuesday MVMCP. It’s the least attended day of the week, so we are hoping for a “quieter” evening considering it’s the calm before the Christmas storm AND a Tuesday. If I were you, I’d switch, especially because there’s always that chance that SOA won’t even happen.

In 1984 I did SOA with my DM and DSis, I loved it. This June we went back with DW DD DSis and DN it was nice but I would not and will not do it again. It was a let down compared to what I remember from years ago. I’m not saying it was bad It was just ok.

1 Like

have never been to mvmcp, but have done mnsshp and also SOA twice. I have heard mvmcp is awesome, but even if they didnt do that, if illuminations is their last night, I’d book a restaurant in Epcot prior to illuminations before I’d do SOA. as everyone else has said it’s okay, just not great

We’ll its pretty unanimous.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party it is.
It does seem like a GREAT way to end their vacay.
(I wish I was going :roll_eyes:)
Thank you

2 Likes