Help me remember the name of this DD Restaurant!

Okay, there was a restaurant in Downtown Disney…I THINK it had a campground motif to it with Mickey Mouse. I know we went there in 2007, but I don’t know when it was torn down…I think around the time the McDonald’s was done away with. It was towards the side where Earl of Sandwich, Disney Co-Op, etc. is. In fact, it might have been where the Disney Co-Op is today. It was a buffet-style quick-service with a lot of browns, oranges, etc. Help!

Doesn’t sound familiar.

Cap’n Jack’s? Of course, it doesn’t really meet your criteria.

I don’t think that’s it, Ryan. Ugh…I remember eating some Mexican-flavored foods…rice, chicken, sour cream…but not outright tacos. Sorry I’m being so vague.

1 Like

Try Googling “2007 Downtown Disney Map” and looking at the images that come up. I didn’t see any restaurants from around then that sounded like a match, but it may jog your memory!

I just did the same thing and also came up blank.

Sounds a little like a mix-up of Bongo’s Cuban Cafe with the Team Mickey Athletic Club?

Bongo’s would match the food, but it would be a very far stretch to call it in any way “camping” in theme, and I don’t think Micky is anywhere.

Maybe Wolfgang Puck Café? It’s in the right general area, it does have a lot of brown and orange (although definitely not camping) and the CA cuisine could easily have had Mexican inspired dishes…

1 Like

Sounds like Pollo Campero, a Latin grilled chicken place that has a few other locations in Florida. It replaced McDonald’s when their sponsorship agreement lapsed. It was right about where the Uniqlo store is now.

3 Likes

That’s it!!! Thank you so much. I had almost convinced myself it was a dream! :slight_smile:

I only remember it because I thought it was Pollo Tropical, which is all over these parts, and there was the usual hooting and shrieking about something wholesomely and purely All-American like McDonald’s being replaced by weird foreign food that no one would eat.

1 Like

Moderator!!! The cat just called me weird foreign!!!

3 Likes

Which one of those words do you deny? :rofl:

“Weird foreign” modifies the noun “food,” and in the years I’ve known you, you’ve never considered yourself food. When did that start?

1 Like

Neither! But I do like to keep the moderators employed and informed at all times! :grin:

3 Likes

Oh so I try the same dumb mindless misguided pitchfork bearing pearl clutching “Patriotism” that you mention occurred over paper thin hamburgers and potato paste play-do fries and I’m not the sane one???

Um…no. I mean you’re generally not considered edible, and to my knowledge you’ve never been offered on a quick service menu. So the food may be weird and foreign, but you’re not.

3 Likes

I’m surprised you’d say that Señor Gatito! My cats find me quite edible and find all humans to be on the menu!