Help me plan my March trip — Update: now cancelled 😕

I’m all for a park full of hot guys, but wish they weren’t college people.

Too bad hot guys in their 50’s don’t go to college.

10 Likes

Some do. My DH is currently earning his MFA in college. I think he’s pretty hot.

7 Likes

I’ll say there is a non-zero chance of you seeing people like that during spring break on your trip. I’m perfectly open to the possibility that my lack of seeing hot college guys with curious minds is due to my not visiting during spring break. The world is bigger than my experience and I can admit that. :wink:

3 Likes

I see hit college guys in the parks all the time. DD22 points them out to me :wink:

10 Likes

Good for him :clap:!

3 Likes

I think also a bunch of local high schools have spring break that week. Orlando, for sure.
We’re heading there at the tail end of the week, and I’m nervous about it!

3 Likes

Yes I’m sure too, but I don’t know anyone that goes to those so couldn’t say for sure :wink: Hope your late arrival that week works out for you :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

It’s Spring Break Week in Orlando. Disney Tourist Blog has March 11-19 pegged as one of the top 5 worst weeks at WDW. I’m hitting part of that as I go March 8-13.

3 Likes

Ugh.

You people have killed it. I’ve cancelled.

I hope you’re happy with yourselves.

4 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Reading it here: “Someone get me some pearls so I can clutch them!”

Reading it in your La Cava post: “You thought everything through and made the best choice for you at this time.”

8 Likes

Nooooo

7 Likes

Truth be told you really don’t want to be there that week anyways. spring breakers? ICK!

5 Likes

I mean, that was the final straw.

4 Likes

I feel personally attacked with this.

He springs a trip on me. Feels a bit whiplash-y, as I got home last Thursday from Orlando and landed in Los Angeles just as the brutal cold front was rolling in (let me tell you, that was a wild ride), and THEN.

Just when I’m getting unpacked and prepping to turn around and go back in 7 days…

HE CANCELS.

I’m beside myself and need SERIOUS retail therapy now.

:joy::joy::joy:

Kidding. I think he made the right decision. It’s going to be bonkers. I’m only going because it’s a very dear friends birthday and I’m always up for a birthday extravaganza. And I wouldn’t have been able to see him much.

7 Likes

I know. That was the best part. A really calm, chilled out trip without any of your nonsense.

I’m desperately hoping you won’t be able to make it in June.

7 Likes

You don’t have to see me in June

Just means I won’t be buying you lunch or hot chocolate. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I’m glad you were able to take the trip out to see your mom and make plans for arrangements once the time comes. And I really get the sense that there was a lot of peace in the realization that she’s in a place surrounded by genuine people who care for her & that whether or not you decide to be there when (or even if) another call comes again, she’ll be ok. And so will you.

I’m oldest of six children and all of us have varying degrees of rocky relationships with our dad (parents divorced, 10 years ago & it was probably 20-25 years later than needed). With being the oldest, I feel this dread that I’ll have to be the one that leads the charge to figure all those things out, when the time comes so I am jealous of your peace in getting that sorted. But who knows, my dad is married again for the moment, has a kid with the current wife so maybe he’ll stick around with them (& she with him) & I’ll just have to figure out my feelings enough to show up for whatever it is she decides.

Oh, and I am disappointed, even if it was the right thing to do, that there is no March whirlwind getaway college spring break or no. As impractical as it is, I do hope you one day have a chance to do such quick turnaround from deciding to go & going as March was going to be. Those are a blast.

5 Likes

In June?!?!

2 Likes