Help me help a friend? All Star Movies

My BFF is heading to WDW on Saturday with her DD8. She has not stayed on property in decades, nor been to WDW since 2011. I have never stayed on property.

She will be doing MDE to All Star Music. I have never done MDE but have read some recent threads expressing angst. Is there anything I should tell her to make her experience better?

Also - do ASM rooms have coffee makers? What options does she have for breakfast?

Her TA made her some TS dining ADRs in each park. She has two days MK and one DHS. She’s going to CRT, LTT, and H&V. The H&V says something on the app about Minnie Mouse. This isn’t character dining, is it?

TIA. She’s happy to be dipping down for a few days to have some mother-daughter time with her youngest and she has a great attitude in general. But if I can offer her some suggestions it would help.

1 Like

Will she be in Movies or Music?

2 Likes

Only Movies is open right now.

DME lines and such vary throughout the day. If she is landing at a high landing time, yes there may be lines - but their goal is to have another bus ready to pull in as soon as one departs. Doesn’t always happen because of traffic - and people on the WDW end who delay a bus leaving, but that is their goal.

Unless they have changed, the rooms have the pod (not K-cup) makers.

Yes, Hollywood and Vine is character dining. Breakfast is Disney Jr and Lunch/Dinner is Minnie and Friends.

1 Like

Movies

Thank you! I’ll advise she brings K-cups. And that is so cool about characters! I thought character dining was still on hold.

ETA I’m reading too fast. The pods are the flat ones? They must provide.

2 Likes

Make sure you friend knows about mobile ordering, even at the resort?

1 Like

NOT K-cups. It’s the filter pods.

2 Likes

Yes. They will provide them.

1 Like

Great link. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you. I never would have thought of that. She will love that.

Can she access the menus for the resort from the app even now?

Yes! From the MDE app she just needs to go into the mobile order link (plus sign- order food). I usually go into “more times” and see the menus there.

1 Like

ASMs has some of the best over-the-top theming, make sure she walks around a bit to see it all.

1 Like

Ok. That was cool. I made a video of how it works.

When you arrive for food, how and where do you pick up? Is it intuitive?

Pretty sure there will be a table at least and likely a CM directing/checking.

2 Likes

We had a great experience with Magical Express on arrival and departure in May.

1 Like

There is also very detailed info on the yourfirstvisit website about all the hotel room amenities; just look up ASM.

1 Like

Thank you! Will do that now.

All Stars don’t have coffee makers in the rooms. I’ve stayed at both Sports and Movies.

The refurbed rooms at All Stars now have coffeemakers, per the review and photos on yourfirstvisit.net . Adding coffeemakers and queen beds to value rooms appear to have started with the refurbs like Pop.

2 Likes