I am booked for 2 weeks at WDW in August, from the UK, once in a lifetime trip for us and our 2 boys. It’s cost our savings, we even treated ourselves to staying at Yacht Club and I was enjoying planning being close to the parks and the amazing pool.
Even if WDW does reopen and the US reopens it’s borders, I really don’t want to go. As it’s a one off trip I don’t want the magic spoiled by masks (in 100+ degrees), pools potentially being off limits, no character meet and greets etc.
So, now I have to decide what to do…
- August 2021 is out of the question, prices were showing an additional £4000 for the identical holiday!
- I could try to rebook for next November. A couple of weeks ago I checked prices and could get the same holiday for about £700 more. However, last time I checked about a week ago the price was £1300 more than this Aug. I can’t afford to pay this. Now it’s saying no availablity for any WDW hotels for any dates in Nov 2021 so something’s going on;
- I could leave the booking, hope that it’s cancelled by foreign office and then face the battle of getting a refund from them.
There are other reasons I’m torn about waiting to cancel or booking next Nov too…
- I work in a school at lunchtimes so shouldn’t take time off during term time. However, if I rebook for next November I could hope they would allow it this once due to the circumstances;
- next November my kids will be 14 and 9. If I cancel, get a refund and plan to go November 2022, both my boys will be in their final school years (one at primary, one at secondary) so not the best time for missing school, although it will be at the start of the academic year, not exam time.
As you can see I keep going back and forth over my options and it’s driving me crazy! I had started planning our days, just as practice of using the Touring Plans but now it makes me sad every time I get the books out.