Help me convince DW that we can go back!

@brenfroe, @rachaelmac22, @Magnolia, @shaybot, helpful info. Thank you.

Just FYI: we have 3 kids and one more on the way. This last trip we did a family suite at AoA, which gave us the room we needed. In the future we’ll need a 2 bedroom (and maybe 3) condo or something similar.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, our October bounceback offer was free dining with any non-discounted stay at a deluxe or moderate Resort. Not that great of a savings at all if you could get a room discount instead.

In that case I have a little better idea on the pricing. if you plan enough ahead of time you can usually get the 2 bedroom with or without a loft for around 200 or less depending on the season. As far as I know that includes a full kitchen and laundry facilities in the condo. From what ive seen AoA is more sometimes and doesn’t have some of that but, since you’ve stayed there im sure you would know all of that better than me.

We’ve contemplated the same things, and have some friends that swear by renting DVC points. I have do get out my own spreadsheets and figure it all out, but I suspect Some DVC location room sizes along with kitchen facilities with your increasing family size might make them work for you and get you in some nice digs too.

At this point I’m only dreaming, but will be crunchifying the numbers for fun…

Why does your wife not want to go? Hubby said he never had a bad time but there are other things he wants to do. We are going in November. We will drive to the Great Smokey Mountains and stay there several nights. We will also visit our niece who is pursuing her doctorate in Knoxville at Tennessee University. We will spend a night in the Atlanta area because he wants to see Atlanta. Then we will drive to Orlando and since we will be there later in the day, we will stay off site and check in early the next day. We will be in a resort hotel for four nights. First food and wine. This plan will not wear him out and I have always wanted to see the great Smokey Mountains so it should be a win/win situation.

Hi! I am in Atlanta. I can give you a couple of tips. Aquarium - yes, it is big and fun to go to. World of Coke is a must-see. Stone Mountain is a great day-trip with lots of outdoor activities. History buffs should see Kennesaw Mountain. If you have school age kids going to the Wren’s Nest during storytime is FUN. It is Joel Chandler Harris’s home (he is the Uncle Remus author). We also have a couple of nice museums too.

I have tickets for world of coke. We will be there in November. Arrive sometime Sunday. Skip Stone Mountain. Not open weekdays. Is the big ferris wheel worth it? May also do Carter library.

Wow, I guess I have never looked at the Stone Mt. schedule when it was not summer time. I was surprised they are not open all week year-round! I haven’t been to the ferris wheel but I hear that it is fun. If you want a good tour the Fox Theater is a very good tour. Some of the history and mechanics there are amazing!

We are in Pa. We will go to Pigeon Forge before to see Smokey Mountains and are niece in Knoxville. All way to WDW we will stop at Atlanta. Are you in Atlanta?

I am North of Atlanta, close enough though to call Atlanta my home. :wink:

If you’re college football fans the Hall of Fame is 100% worth it.

I live about 40 miles west of Philly.

We stayed at Orange Lake and loved it. The kids called it our Disney House (it was a 2 BR villa). The drive was short enough. My only negative was passing by non-Disney stuff on the way to the parks, a minor thing when you think about all the money you can save. The first time we went as a family, we stayed at Orange Lake. We’ve been on property each time since then, mostly because 3 of our kids count as adults at WDW, so we go during free dining now. However, we still had an amazing time at Orange Lake and would be excited to go again.

3 times off site now Booked via VBRO . Different places each time Prices about $100 per night for 3 beds . Full kitchen kids in their own rooms. Next visit we are cutting back on the wdw days and doing more other stuff as DH is not a wdw fan. This way everyone is happy.
If your DW isn’t into it maybe wait until after the baby arrives. She might just be needing to focus on the kids and pregnancy just now and doing wdw is tiring let alone doing it with 3 kids and being pregnant. Has she said why she isn’t interested in returning ?