Help me choose restaurants!

MK: Be Our Guest
EP: Akershus
HS: Hollywood & Vine
AK: Tusker House

All of these are character meals. Because, you’re only a kid once. 2 out of the 4 are buffets so everyone is happy. Akershus food does not thrill me, but it’s a good alternative to CRT which is super hard to get ADR for and super $$$.

We love diner style restaurants and Beaches and Cream is a great value out of pocket. If you really like ice cream you can try the kitchen sink, but there are also more normal sized desserts.

1 Like

MK: BOG lunch. Or for dinner, leave and go to 1900 Park faire at the Grand Floridian.
Epcot: Garden Grill (especially breakfast)
HS: Sci Fi
AK: Yak and Yeti

1 Like

MK: BOG for lunch to save $ or CRT if that is not a concern.
Epcot: If not CRT then Akershus for the kids. This might be a good time to pick a restaurant for the adults to enjoy instead.
HS: Eaten at H&V twice for the characters. The food is not good. Trattoria al Forno has a character breakfast on the boardwalk that is supposed to be good. Maybe Sci-Fi if not. It has some fun elements for the kids and is not expensive.
AK: TH

1 Like

Depends on your budget, the dining packages and buffets are great value on the DDP but otherwise I think they are rather expensive. With kids aged 2 & 6, I would probably go for lunches and keep your evenings flexible, especially if you don’t have a buggy for the 6 year old.

1 Like

Garden Grill at EP was fantastic. And if you can get a PPO breakfast, you can do Soarin’ before the park opens. We had such a great time at that breakfast.

We also really loved Tusker House for Brunch time. We did the latest reservation for Breakfast and there were already lunch items being put out. It was delicious, not too loud, and the characters were great.

1 Like

I would agree but I have not been to CP. I liked Liberty Tree Tavern, my father was a history teacher and we spent a lot of time in Philly so it reminded me of City Tavern. Also I like good food and was apprehensive of Hollywood and Vine (we were there a few weeks ago) but I thought the food was very good, better than Golden Corral. Disney is very accommodating if the kids don’t like something they will help to find or make something they will like.

3 Likes

Personally, I prefer garden grille over Askershus. I like Chip and Dale and enjoyed circling around the Living with the Land ride. We lucked out and were seated on the outside, which I will request next time we go as well.

I have not yet tried Via Napoli, but hope to on my upcoming trip. Contrary to popular believe, there is at least one human in the world who doesn’t like pizza (my step dad doesn’t eat cheese), so we’ve never gone. I’ll be venturing off this year and just going to Via Nap with my son.

MK - I tend to favor BOG more for the environment. Either that or we don’t do TS in the park and do dinner at a monorail resort after a day at MK.

AK - my party is not adventurous at all. We stick with Rainforest Cafe even though some will say that’s not really Disney enough. (Though I would do Tusker House if I could get it for the ROL package, but haven’t been able to get a reservation there).

HS - Hollywood and Vine, mainly for the character interaction with the littles.

2 Likes