Help me choose our first TS meal

I have a dinner reservation for Turf Club Bar and Grill but wondering if getting on the list early at Three Bridges Bar and Grill is a better idea?
Both menus look yummy to me!

Where are you staying? What are your plans that day/evening? Who is with you? Any food preferences (or refusals) in the group?

I probably wouldn’t recommend Turf Club. I’ve never eaten there because word on the street is they don’t even try very hard because they cannot possibly compete with what’s across the lagoon at DS.

Three Bridges is walk-up only, and at a different resort altogether.

Having some context will help with good recommendations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there other options? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Staying at FW Cabins for 10 nights. We arrive at around 9pm Saturday. We are spending our first full day at Typhoon Lagoon in the AM and exploring the resort soaking it all in until dinner. Its me, DH, DS17, and DD14. We are all fairly adventurous eaters, DH was a chef in a former life, so we like all the food genres with the exception of maybe Indian food?
I originally had a reservation at Citricos but its sooo expensive so I changed it to Maya Grill. Then I saw that had mediocre reviews so switched again to Turf.
Maybe I should just make our lives simpler by trying for a Trails End ressie?
We have the following TS meals reserved:

MK day, lunch at Steakhouse 71
AK day, QS in park
EP day, lunch at Chefs de France
HS day, lunch at HBD
AK day, lunch at Sanaa
HS day, brunch at Ale & Compass
EP day, lunch at ? Or maybe we just hit up the F&W kiosks
MK day, lunch at GF Cafe

During past trips we looved GF, La Celier, HBD, Akershus, Sanaa. Did not like BOG food, the Italian place in Epcot, QS at Poly. Morimoto Asia and Skipper Canteen cant remember so I guess we think meh?

1 Like

Yes this. Turf Club will be a PITA to get to and not worth it, and Three Bridges will be great but will involve a potentially lengthy wait and also will be a PITA to get to

Or Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL

Or Grand Flo Cafe at GF

Or Kona at Poly

4 Likes

Is Disney Springs an option? Or if you wanted to see a different resort what about Olivia’s at OKW or if you really want to see CSR I’d recommend Toledo.

2 Likes

Isn’t Kona down for reno currently?

Definitely more foodie-centric than Three Bridges. But Three Bridges has pretty good food as well, just casual (and outdoors). Definitely agree that both are better options than Maya Grill.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot about that

3 Likes

Well, you’re going to have some great meals with your itinerary as it is right now…jealous!

2 Likes

If I were staying at Fort Wilderness I’d definitely eat at Trail’s End your first day. It’s worth taking it easy after Typhoon Lagoon.

Much easier to eat where you’re at, either resort you’re staying at, resort eatery near the park you’re at, etc.

We liked 3 Bridges - we were at Coronado, super easy walk. We’ve stayed at Saratoga three times, eating at Turf Club twice - if I’m recalling right it wasn’t open in December 2020. But Artist Palette was.

One long stay at FW two of our park days were rained out - no supper place - so we wound up eating supper at Trail’s End three times. And had Hoop De Doo Revue reservations as well.

If I could, I’d love to live at Fort Wilderness. :blush:

3 Likes

Ok its official, we have a TS for Trails End the first night! We love FW. Went there for our first trip in 2016. Did WL in 2018 which was gorgeous but FW is where we really wanna be. I wish it wasnt so expensive, so we could visit every year :blush:

4 Likes

Just do Trails End.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert: that’s what they did! :rofl:

4 Likes

Ah yes - I see that. Good choice.

3 Likes

We stayed in a FW cabin during our last stay and it is my new favorite resort! One of the highlights of the trip was taking the boat to WL and having dinner at Geyser Peak. Food was delicious, price was reasonable (by Disney standards), and we enjoyed the Electrical water pageant with our desserts. I highly recommend!

3 Likes

Just so everyone is aware, based on what I’ve read , there no more boat to WL but there is still a bus.

2 Likes