Help figuring out whyyy I can’t make dining reservations

I know this is a problem with a solution and my head just isn’t in it enough to figure it out.

I got convention tickets and linked them via the reservation number on the invoice, even though I asked for physical tickets to be mailed to me. MDE shows that ticket media is linked. On my “Disney destinations” email, it said “you may start making dining reservations on 12/19/23!”

I tried to make dining reservations, today should be 90 days, and it’s only allowing me to make reservations through January 31. I know I need to make park reservations, but I shouldn’t need park reservations to do dining, right??

I appreciate any help

My reservation starts 2/17

1 Like

Do convention tickets let you make reservations at 90 days? It is usually 60 days plus length of stay at your on-site hotel. Maybe someone who has used convention tickets knows what’s up.

4 Likes

Do you have a resort reservation or just tickets? Anyone can make dining reservations at 60 days out (not 90) from the date they are looking to book. The length of stay piece only applies to a Disney hotel reservation. I just tried and I can search dining on any date through and including Feb 17 and I don’t have a hotel reservation. Then Feb 18th will be open for me to search tomorrow.

The Jan 31st thing is weird. Dumb question but is the calendar on Jan 2025 instead of 2024? (I don’t think it even lets you toggle out that far for dining, I just checked, but does on the hotel screen.) Or is the website loading slow on this Tuesday Disney IT day, like it won’t activate the toggle arrow to move months to Feb dates?

4 Likes

I think tomorrow is your 60 days, but I may have miscounted. Either way the tickets are irrelevant, you don’t need tickets to make dining reservations.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a leading/overlapping starting on February 17. It’s so weird… I’m going to investigate more and try on the desktop

1 Like

I’m not sure what happened, but when I logged in to MDE I saw that the last two icons (park reservations and dining reservations) were greyed out. So I went to make a park reservation and then it allowed me to make dining reservations. Shrug!

Thank you all for the input :heart:

2 Likes

Dumb but yay so glad it worked!!! Leading reservation really takes the pressure off. Although if you’re like me, I lock in a time I think is awesome with the leading res when there is all the choice in the world, and then end up changing my mind later when all the availability is gone. :melting_face:

What restaurants are you trying?

1 Like

Yes, and yes! :joy::joy: for the first time, we’re planning to do mostly QS so I’m not planning much, and what I am planning is fairly easy to get EXCEPT Toppolino’s on our departure day.
Im looking for Sanaa, Rainforest Cafe at AK, Ale and Compass for breakfast, and Toppolino’s on our departure day. I really want to go to Martha’s Vineyard at BC too…. Their hot wings are sooooo so good. And their mule beverages

2 Likes

Great lineup! Of your list, we have only been to Rainforest at AK. Haven’t been brave or energetic enough to venture to resorts much for dining besides the MK area. DH did request Jiko for next trip, which we went to on the one AKL/WL split stay trip we did last year. Good thing I have 11 more months to work that into the plan - no wait only 9 months til ADR day, ack!

1 Like

I like resort dining way more than park dining! There aren’t really any must-dos for me, but Topolino’s and Sanaa are! We don’t do them on park days though. We don’t do them on park days though. Sanaa is our break day and toppolino’s is our departure day

4 Likes