Help change the Refillable mugs option for little kids

Exactly. The cost of the QS kids is just $16/night-- For 2 meals and a snack/beverage and the mug. The mug comes to pennies when broken out in that context.

You’re either getting one night of the plan ( 2 meals and snack) for free or the mug when you compare the costs.

1 Like

Agreed, that milk and juice can also cause obesity, but they are still healthier options than what is currently offered. They at least also provide nutrients. Disney started to offer fruit as a snack option, because people spoke out about wanting healthier choices, that is what I am trying to do. I am really not understanding why people are getting so up in arms about asking for healthier choices. Don’t want them, don’t sign the petition. Don’t want them, keep scrolling. Don’t want them, don’t select them.

I think the problem is that there are not milk and juice choices at the resort at the soda machines?The mugs are included in the DDP, and you would understandably like to use them at the resort for the kids.

I have young children as well. We drank water. I also let them get Hi C from the soda machines when we used the mugs at the pool. Not ideal, but they drank one tops a day. Like the other Liners said, you will get a drink with your meals, and it includes healthier choices. You would not need to use the soda machine choices.

I am pro healthy options but offering sugary and/or fattening options is not something that I would support. People are very uneducated in areas of nutrition. They think that these things are better options but they are not. I will continue to scroll on…

2 Likes

I’m just trying to understand the logic behind something that will inevitably raise prices. Milk and juice, through no fault of Disney, are more expensive options.

Then there’s the cost of refrigeration for the milk. Not sure if there are adequate dispensaries to prevent spoilage or contamination. Think about your milk container at home when it starts running low.

Nothing against starting a petition. Just think you’re getting yourself up in arms over options that are already provided at Disney. And it’s certainly not going to happen in time to enhance your trip.

Good luck though. But I hope you can just sit back and enjoy your time there.

2 Likes

Well the milk and juice are not organic so you probably shouldn’t give them that either. Just stick to water, and it will be a great time.

1 Like

I don’t think that it should raise prices too much, as it will mainly affect the younger set. Most people will still choose soda. I personally will generally choose soda for myself. I am willing to pay, as I suspect most families are, an upcharge for this service. That is included in the petition.

I knew many eons ago when I was in college, they had drink dispensers which were able to keep the milk cold and fresh. So I know that the technology exists.

I really wasn’t up in arms, just trying to make some minor changes for the greater good, until encountering all of the negativity. Yes, it will be either a minor inconvenience or a big expense during our trip to have to purchase my children’s drinks separately, one that I had hoped to change not only for me but also other families with small children.

Thank you

1 Like

So how is this different than just buying an extra milk?

2 Likes

The hope would be that it wouldn’t be as expensive because much of the cost is already figured into the mugs’ base price. Additionally, single serve units tend to be pricier because of the added packaging, by moving to a multiple serve dispenser this should also greatly cut down on the price.

We don’t solicit for petitions around here. Locking.

8 Likes