HELP! Change days due to crowd levels?!?!

Opinion?!?!

My son and I will be in WDW from 1/5 - 1/9. Current plans are:

1/5 -arrival day and DIsney After Hours at HS that night.
1/6 - EPCOT - late breakfast at Garden Grill, FPP for Nemo, Spaceship Earth and Frozen Ever After. Hope to get a 4th FPP for Soarin. We will also do World Showcase.
1/7 - Animal Kingdom. Plan to rope drop FOP. FPP for EE, KS and Navi River.
1/8 - Magic Kingdom. FPP for Space, BTMR and Haunted Mansion. Plan to be there all day. HEA desert party.

I intentionally scheduled our later Epcot morning after the after hours event to give us a later start that day. I didn’t think we would want to rope drop AK for FOP after a late night. However, AK is predicted as a crowd level 7 on 1/7 and is predicted as a 5 on 1/6. Epcot is predicted as a 5 on 1/6 and a 6 on 1/7. Would you just stick to the plans or change our Epcot and AK Days to take advantage of the lower predicted crowds. I am thinking to just stick to my original plan. Thoughts?

1 Like

I would never, ever- change my plans due to a projected crowd. Keep your plan!

3 Likes

Totally stay the course. The differences there will mean nothing with a solid plan (which you have).

2 Likes

If it were me, I would stick to my original plan. Trading a predicted 5 CL and a 7 CL for a predicted 5 CL and a 6 CL doesn’t seem like much difference to me. Furthermore, I would not want to (a) rebook all those FP (especially Frozen so close to the date) and (b) do FOP rope drop after a late night at HS.

Copied from a post I made earlier to a different thread:

" Remember that CLs do not reflect how many people are in the park or how crowded it “feels”. The CL is a composite index derived from predicted wait times at select attractions (kind of like the DJ stock average). The other key word is “predicted”. TP uses historical data and a mind-boggling algorithm to make these predictions; the problem is that Disney has been changing things up so much (tiered pricing, festivals, parties, before and after up-charge events, etc.) that it’s hard to get enough stable historical data to run through the algorithms. I guess this a long way of saying don’t freak out about CLs; I mostly don’t even look at them anymore…"

Keep your plans as they are…

3 Likes

I agree with everyone else. 1-2 points isn’t that big of a difference and it’s a projection after all. I would never want to change all my FP late in the game. More crowded with your ideal FP is the better choice!

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in to say what a great plan you have! Have a wonderful time!

Ditto to what has already been said above. A change in 2 CL points for one park and an overall net 1 CL change for all parks does not justify changing your park days, especially since that would mean having to make new FPP reservations. Stay the course.

1 Like

I would almost never change my plans based on crowd levels. Especially when the difference is so minimal. I would keep things as they are.

2 Likes

I almost said the same but decided if it was supposed to be a 2 but changed to a 10 I might think about it :wink:

Don’t change based on CL predictions. Have a good plan and stick to the plan. Use the TP app to adjust on the fly if needed. We went to AK a couple weeks ago when it was predicted to be a “1” and it ended up being a “6.” Predictions are just predictions. Don’t plan your trip around them.

I honestly do not trust the predictions so regardless of the numbers I would never change.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! My logical mind knows these things but you have so much time to second-guess your plans!! Just a week away now! Can’t wait!!

2 Likes