Height requirements question

I kind of see that, but then… Teacups.

With teacups, even if you were flung out, there is little chance of being crushed by the coaster car or plummeting a couple dozen feet.

1 Like

Sure, but I could still see you getting hurt badly on Teacups. But yes, falling out of the coaster would def have potential for way more injury and a multitude of ways.
Bummer. They should add seatbelts :slight_smile:
Oh well, well see when we go. If not, she’ll definitely be taller next time!

Right? The dad had made a big scene when the other CM turned him away. When that happens usually they will try again as soon as the CM changes. So the CM that I bumped out told me about him and was trying to point him out to me when we saw the whole ice cream in the shoe incident. We couldn’t believe it. Then as soon as the former CM acted like they walked away (they hid because they wanted to see this whole scene go down) he came over to me. He was so mad when he got caught :joy:

I wonder what happened to that little boy’s shoes because they were probably ruined and I can’t imagine him keeping them on the rest of the day!

2 Likes

With coasters, it is usually the manufacturer who dictates the height requirements, not the park. The most the park can do is, if it is a custom coaster design, request that they design the coaster to accommodate certain sizes. But with PW, it is pretty much a cookie-cutter carnival ride identical to others made elsewhere. So, the height requirement would have caused a huge price increase because the manufacturer would have had to design and test a new restraint system.

Makes sense.

Geez so
Crazy. I’m looking at heights requirement and thinking, I’d like DD to
Be a couple inches in the safe zone. Can’t imagine doing this!

I wouldn’t worry about it. If she is already over 40" with a “normal” pair of shoes on (i.e. not platform type shoes, but crocs, sandals, tennies, etc.) then she will be fine. She will probably grow enough over the next 2 months to really make the point moot.

My DD5 was pretty much spot on 44" barefoot for our June trip and with shoes on, about 44.5 to 44.75… never had a problem. I noticed no inconsistency in any measuring device that even came close, In fact, I think she was only measured one time the entire trip, so I don’t think it even mattered.

As far as safety goes, its a non-issue. If 40" is safe, then 39.5" is safe too. Quite frankly, if any Disney lawyers are involved in setting the height requirements then I would imagine probably 50-75% of whatever the height requirement is also safe. WDW height requirements are not set such that a .5" will be the difference between safe and deadly.

I wholeheartedly agree with the consensus here not to argue with the CM about it. They, rightly so, are entrusted to enforce the safety rules and they have discretion in who to measure and whether someone is go or no go…

6 Likes