Having Trouble with Room Request Feature

Continuing the discussion from It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests:

I'm trying to add my room number so that my request can be faxed in, but when I click 'edit' there is no place to add a room number. All I see are the name of the trip, start date, finish date, and Hotel that I select from a drop down list. Am I in the right spot? We leave in 14 days. Thanks!

I figured out how to do it - but I couldn't do it from the dashboard. I had to use the room finder, choose a room, click on the room I wanted, and at the top there was a link that said 'request this room.' Now it's listed next to my resort choice but before that, there was no 'edit' button.

I must be doing something wrong with this feature because it is not working for me. When I go to the room finder, it gives me zero picks for a room suggestion, even when I clear the filters, or reduce them to just the type of room we are staying in (1 BR garden or pool view). I am staying at the boardwalk villas in October. Help please?

Never mind, I think I have it figured out now.

Hi, I read this a few times but I am still confused. So if we subscribe to the touring plans, is the room/building request a complimentary service ? Or we are supposed to fill in the info then submit ourselves?

It's a free feature. You can use the room finder to pick a room & it will auto-populate the Fax with text reflecting that room and others like it (same building, similar facing/floor). You can then edit your Fax to be more precise. A few days prior (3 IIRC) Touring Plans will automatically FAX it to your resort and you will see on your Dashboard that it took place and went through, or if there was an issue.

Nice feature - we got the room next door to our request last time which offered a great view that was perfect for what we wanted. Really was the cherry on top of our vacation...

I have signed up with touringplan, paid subscription, added the trip to my account and included a reservation number for the hotel booking.

but there is no link at the top right of the page. Any idea?

I didn't see it either when I used Chrome. I switched to Safari and it showed up (however it was at the bottom left not top right)

Hope that helps!