Have any of you been following TSL news?

I’m hoping some of you have been obsessively following TSL’s first day. I need strategy advice.

I’m planning on going some time tonight — I have the Fantasmic dessert thing but I’d like to see TSL and rise TSMM, ideally.

Then on Monday I have FPPs for TOT and RNR starting at 8.30am. Then FPP for SDD at 12 noon. So when to arrive?

I do have EMH at 7am but — ugh — really?

4 Likes

Looks like people were actually queuing at 4.30 and let in at 6. I’m with you on that one, ugh

1 Like

So, based on Nickysyme’s post today, TSL is opening 30 min earlier than that, and watching all the youtube vlogs yesterday, it looks like people were getting there about 5am!

3 Likes

Definitely go tonight (assuming you can get in of course). It looks amazing at night time.

As for tomorrow, they opened at 6:30 this morning and let people start queueing. If you haven’t managed to ride A.S.S. tonight, then maybe head straight there tomorrow. But if you leave it later, the queue hit 80 minutes within an hour or so.

You should be able to pick up TSMM as a 4th FP so worth trying for tonight.

Good luck!

3 Likes

All I know is that Niter said to get in line fir SDD 10-20 minutes before close and the wait was 45 minutes. It looked amazing at night! Sadly, my kids will probably cry and win out and we’ll have to leave. So jealous of solo travelers. Solo vacationers in general.

4 Likes

Oh, and meant to add …

If there is a line to get into TSL, then you can get in 15 minutes before the time of your FP.

Don’t wait in the line, find a CM and ask where to scan for a FP to get in. Then there’ll be an actual FP line inside the land.

1 Like

That’s super-useful info for tomorrow. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

It’s been an hour or more JUST TO GET IN THE LAND this weekend. I think your best option is going to be AM EMH, early as it might be, with an 0600 arrival as you would for Pandora. I’m not sure how you’d have to time your day to ensure you could get into the land, ride anything, and still make your dessert thing.

Edited: wow - make that 0500. Yikes!

But this is a once in a lifetime trip so…

3 Likes

All of the above. By 10:00 AM ther was a 300 min wait for SDD and a 90 min wait just to get into the land. AS2 was listing 185 min at one point. But that was a lot of the “must be there opening day” crowd. Haven’t checked on any of the reports from today yet.

1 Like

The way Matt talks about early mornings seems to reflect my feelings and I have to say as miserable as it would be queuing to get in I would be equally miserable getting there at 5am. And that misery would last me the entire day and probably the next couple. I do not deal well with sleep deprivation. If I were there now i would just be skipping the land entirely rather than put myself and anyone else I’d encounter through that

3 Likes

There’s that option too. I have lost my bookmark for Matthew’s Grand Plan so I am not recalling what the plans are for tomorrow and whether or not it would be feasible to, say, check out the land in the predawn hours and then return to hotel for a nappage before carrying on. That’s how me and my family would do it.

1 Like

^^^^ This!! That is just madness to wait so long for rides that are so short…

2 Likes

My problem comes when I cannot nap. Annoyingly when I’ve been up and about I pretty much cannot get back to sleep and I envy those that can (my mother for one). During our trip to the world I actually left her and her friend at AK while I went back to the hotel room because I could feel my mood tanking

I just checked the line app and apparently AS2 is a 50 minute wait and SDD is 90 minutes. That’s so much better than yesterday. It looked insane.

2 Likes

But that’s AFTER you’re in the land. So add minimum of an hour to that

1 Like

Just an hour to get in?? Oof I
Hope things calm down by November…

1 Like

Ugh–I was hoping that was just an opening day thing.

If one uses Pandora for reference that’ll keep up for a while.

Let’s se how today unfolds though. Maybe not.

1 Like

Hoping not. We will there in 19 days.

Yesterday when I checked, SDD had 270 minute wait. Insane. There is no ride anywhere worth that kind of wait. Not even Millennium Force, best roller coaster in the world. Most I ever waited for that was 150 minutes, right after opening.

270 minutes for SDD? Insanity.

1 Like