Have a friend looking for a good close to UOR hotel

Anyone have advice on a hotel near UOR? Cabana is sold out already at that time (oct 17-19) and was wondering whats good nearby?

SO far found a WIngate by Wyndham that is right near UOR for $109 a night… no florida resident rates.

Will they have a car? There are some great deals on groupon but nearly all of them are closer to WDW than UOR.

They have the Nickelodeon resort for $76 a night and the new B Resort and Spa for $79 which is a lot less than their rack rate. But again not especially close.

Sorry I guess that wasn’t very helpful lol.

I am sure they would love the Nickelodeon Hotel as they have young ones… butI think they are set on being as close as possible to UOR. I sold them on Cabana Bay but its booked solid… lol. They are recent transplants to Florida and dont know alot yet so they looking for alot of help.

Is that the big Wyndham off of Sand Lake? I remember driving by that every day and thinking it looked nice lol. At least it was a wyndham 14 ish years ago.

what about the other UOR hotels? On-property is walking distance and gets them Early Entry.

They were looking for a place on the cheaper side… so $120 or less…

At least one night at one of the other UOR hotels might be worth the extra money, though, because of the express pass. I priced it out once and found that for a family of four, it made sense to upgrade from Cabana Bay rather than pay for the tickets out of pocket, at least for the dates we were looking at (late September). But this is only worthwhile if the express pass is something that they are interested in.

Maybe have them look into Coco Key Water Resort? It is located on I-Drive and also has a water park located within the resort. It is not far from Universal.

When I went to high school competitions at the Wyndham in 1987 it was nice. Not so sure now.

There are hotels outside the non standard gates, we stAyed in one in March that was really close, but can’t recall the name right now.

I need to see the 76 dollar nick hotel thing

Universal still gives a list of “preferred” hotels. Here’s the link. Universal Orlando
I see a Doubletree on there. Those are usually nice AND spacious. And if they check orbitz or hotels.com, they might get some good prices.

That’s so funny = the Double Tree was where we stayed that I couldn’t remember until I looked at the pics. It is a convention hotel and we had 5000 middle schoolers taking up all the available spaces so if that is an issue you might want to ask the hotel if they have conferences there at the time you go.

Thanks guys… gave her all this info

There’s the Drury Inn which some liners have recomended in the past