Has anyone tried boarding WL reopening flat open air boats with a wheelchair?with a wheelchair?

Has anyone tried boarding WL reopening flat open air boats with a wheelchair?

I haven’t seen any reports of seeing the regular boats from WL to MK that allow wheelchairs.

The open air boats I’ve seen look like the old AK river boats that loaded from the rear.

I don’t know if they are the same but we’ve loaded an EVC onto an open air boat at French Quarter w/o issue. Those boats travel to D.springs.

1 Like

Here is a great resource I just found “diz-abled dot com”:

• Red Flag: Runs between Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge and should be wheelchair and ECV accessible. However, if water levels are low or high, they may not be able to board.
2 Likes

Thank you, ppehap. I wonder if those boats will start again?

Blockquote

• Disney Springs Water Shuttle: This shuttle takes guests to different sections of Disney Springs. These boat locations and schedules are currently in flux because of the changes in this area. All of the boats are wheelchair and ECV accessible. Manual wheelchairs may be folded and carried onto the boat if the user chooses to do so. These boats are the same type of boat as the Sassagoula River Cruise boats, but they’re themed differently.

Blockquote

Here is a recent Google photo that I saw stopping at PVR.

1 Like

Hi, Jeff_AZ, thank you.

Great link, thanks.

Here is another Google photo from a couple at WL.

and from MK.

I guess it is such new info, that no one really knows much about them.

The non-open air Friendship Boats recently restarted on Cresent Lake.

I wonder when they will restart the wheelchair accessible

Blockquote * * Blue Flag: Runs between the Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary Resorts. These are usually not ECV accessible. Wheelchairs can be taken on board if they’re folded. Passengers must step down into the boat and sit in a regular boat seat.

• Green Flag: Runs between Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom and should be wheelchair and ECV accessible. However, if water levels are low or high, they may not be able to board.
    • Gold Flag: Runs between the Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. These are usually not ECV accessible. Wheelchairs can be taken on board if they’re folded. Passengers must step down into the boat and sit in a regular boat seat.
    • Red Flag: Runs between Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge and should be wheelchair and ECV accessible. However, if water levels are low or high, they may not be able to board.
2 Likes