Harry Potter on HBOMax

The films are leaving the streaming service at the end of the month so get your marathon in before then. Just started my rewatch in preparation for December!

5 Likes

No thank you. I will just listen to the audio books. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

This is a non-issue

Why?

Because on any given day, but most especially on Saturdays and Sundays, you can find a Harry Potter marathon on some channel or other

3 Likes

I think my girls own all of the movies on DVD.

1 Like

But commercials… even fast forwarding through them is annoying.

1 Like

Do you never have to pee???

Pause button :rofl:

3 Likes

Fair I guess. Lol

1 Like

I so agree with this. We used to have Tivo, and DH and I would argue over who had to Man The Remote. Because that person had to do the fast-forwarding. Which meant paying attention to the commercials so you’d know when to stop. Then I bought Play-On as a Tivo replacement and the main selling point was that it automatically skipped the commercials! Occasionally you’d see a black screen for a second so you’d know a commercial was just skipped. I’d say “Bah!” to the TV. I also have no tolerance for buffering lag. I live in an exurb were I’m grateful to have one nice internet choice (Cable). But we still often get lag when streaming. So, I always record our TV shows, now with a different program.

1 Like

Is this the end of August? DD and I have been working through them. I think watching 1 an evening this week would not count as “good sleep habits before school starts”

3 Likes

Yes through August 31 and then they poof.

Those too, but not as often

But you can almost always find:

• Star Wars
  • Marvel
  • Harry Potter
1 Like

They’re all permanently streaming on Peacock. We just got a subscription so Hubby can watch Fulham games. It was a pleasant surprise!

2 Likes

I am over all these streaming services personally.

1 Like

For me, the problem isn’t the commercials so much as the edited movies. They chop out bits to make it fit the time slot.

3 Likes

That is very true too.

1 Like

Watching vol 8 right now and man are these scary. I thought they were for kids. Also I think it’s a little gross how many shirtless scenes the guys end up having throughout the end of the series. Seems unnecessary.

1 Like

The rating for the first three movies was PG, but then the rest went to PG-13 (or PG-12 for UK) - except for The Half-Blood Prince which the US let go as PG while UK kept it PG-12.

1 Like

Yeah the later films definitely got more ‘adult’ than the earlier ones.

1 Like