Hard Rock Hotel walk to parks - skips CityWalk?

I just looked at a resort map and based on the out-of-scale map it seems that Hard Rock guests can walk to the resort and totally skip CityWalk. Is that correct? Really? Wouldn’t that totally skip the security checks on the Transportation Center?

I have heard people mention that it is a ‘short walk.’ But I haven’t paid attention to that since my definition of a short walk is different from most peoples, and MUCH different at the end of a park day. But, it looks like Hard Rock to USF entrance is less than the City Walk distance.

If that is true, I’d be willing to fork over some extra $ to switch from Royal Pacific to Hard Rock.

Where do the Water Taxies drop off? It said “City Walk” but is it the parking lot side or the opposite side from there. If it is the opposite side, that wouldn’t be so bad. Looking at the map, it seems to be on the far side from the parking.

As a Southpark fan, CityWalk will always be ShittyWok.

1 Like

There is a security checkpoint when you get close to the gates of Universal Studios Park. You don’t totally skip CityWalk if you want to go to IOA. You’ll have to walk by Blue Man Group, Hard Rock Cafe and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium which are across the waterway but still a party of City Walk.

5 Likes

Thank you that is helpful. I hadn’t realized that the walk between the park entrances was considered part of ShittyWok, but it makes sense now that you point that out.

1 Like

The water taxis are on the main side of the Citywalk and not the side closest to the parks. I much prefer the walk of Hard Rock Hotel. I’ve heard claim that Royal Pacific is closer to IOA but it didn’t feel that way to me. However, I’m sure the experts clocked the distance and time and aren’t lying. It might have more to do with the fact that you used to be able to cut through the swimming pool at Hard Rock so even IOA felt closer.

1 Like

I think the walk from HRH to USF is pretty short. But I wouldn’t say it is shorter than the walk from City Walk to USF. And the water taxis drop off on the parking side (so not the theme park side).

1 Like

Yup but when you’re staying at HRH it feels dumb to take the boats even if that walk is shorter than the walk to the hotel because it’s in the opposite direction. It bothers my senses! LOL

4 Likes

I get that completely. I have to admit to taking the boat from IOA to HRH though. At the end of the park day that walk seemed long (which it really isn’t).

2 Likes

I seem to remember a platform-ish area near the water. Say you came from the parking garage and walked down the center spine of City Walk, and then the path goes left or right depending on which park. If you didn’t turn and went straight-ish, would that platform be the water taxi debarkation?

There used to be pedicabs that would give you a ride back to HRH as well which we did once when we were exhausted. A 5 min walk we just couldn’t take. However, with covid they are not there and the secret entrance thru the pool to HRH is locked. So it may be pretty similar to Royal Pacific where taking the boats would make your walk shorter as they are on the way from USF but from IOA it makes more sense to walk to me because again going backwards to go forwards drives me nuts! ha ha ha.

3 Likes

Yes sort of, (a little towards USF park entrance). There is a stage on the water and they are to the right of that.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly where they are.

2 Likes

I remember laughing at how outrageously expensive the pedicabs were in San Francisco by that tourist pier. At least at the beginning of the day. I’d worn the wrong shoes. At the end of the day not only did I take one, but I tipped generously because he took me to the door of my car in the parking garage.

2 Likes

ha ha ha…Yup what a difference a day of walking/standing makes on what feels a long way. I can’t remember what these cost but it was so worth it. I do remember that.

1 Like

Blockquote
Well we paid for the pedicab so I’m not judging!

2 Likes

There are YouTube videos of the walk from HRH to USF (and probably IoA too, but I know I watched the ones to USF). It’s short in theme park distances :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I watched the video on youtube for the walk from Cabana Bay so that includes the walk from Royal Pacific really or most of it anyway. It definitely must exist. I think TP themselves made some.

1 Like

Ah, South Park! :rofl:

1 Like

In case y’ll are curious. We went with Royal Pacific for our one night stay at the beginning of our trip. We went with Hard Rock for our two night stay at the end of the trip. It was a good thing I’d been pondering staying at Hard Rock for one of the reservations anyway. Royal Pacific didn’t have two-queen rooms for our two-night stay. We have DD, so we’d have had to pay for a rollaway rental at Royal Pacific. This gives us express passes for 5 days of our trip (swoons with happiness) The other two days in between we will be at the water park.

One thing interesting. We are staying at the Drury Inn in between. I love that place. On the reservations page, they said that they only do housekeeping between guests or every 7 days due to yada yada. BUT they had a checkbox in case you want daily housekeeping. I found that encouraging.

One thing I wouldn’t mind seeing in all hotels in the future is an option to opt in or out of housekeeping. With the family, I want daily new towels without my having to track them down. When I traveled by myself for work, I would have preferred to not have anyone enter my room.

Have fun and now you can write a comparison article. I’m curious if you agree with my thoughts of the two. And how the walk feels with the pool gate being closed, it may be pretty similar depending on the closer park. You can pretty much avoid citywalk from RPR too as you immediately turn onto the bridge for IOA and I go that way for USF too and take the path in front of Hard Rock Cafe.

Before switching the renting points from DVC member for my next trip next spring I had booked CBR at WDW and they asked if I wanted daily cleanings or none. So it seems WDW is offering at the choice sometime next year. :slight_smile:

1 Like