Hard Rock Hotel - is it noisy?

Yay, AP rates are out! There were no cheap rates available for RPR for our dates, so I booked Hard Rock just in case. We’ve never stayed there, as we have only ever stayed at RPR when staying deluxe.

My only concern is, will Hard Rock be loud? I’m specifically thinking about for night time. I have a sensitivity to sound and am a very light sleeper. I also tend to get exhausted early and could go to bed at like 9pm. Are the rooms pretty sound proof? Or will it be too noisy for me? I unfortunately can’t really wear ear plugs (even custom).

I did request high floor on our reservation.

Any insight will be helpful. Thank you!

3 Likes

I stayed there in August, and recall noise from the adjoining room but not general hotel noise. I thought it was quieter than RPR, where voices seemed to carry through the hallways. I am also very sensitive to sound and would choose HRH again, but it probably also really depends on the room location and maybe I got lucky. Unhelpfully, I cannot recall exactly where our room was but I know it wasn’t one of the higher floors.

4 Likes

We love HRH and have stayed multiple times. I have never had noise issues.

4 Likes

I did find that noise from the pool (our room overlooked it) disturbed my first night on our last trip. But the second night I didn’t hear anything and on previous trips it has been very quiet too. We love it there.

3 Likes

Thanks alert of APH rates for rooms. I’ve just booked two rooms for a potential trip. (I haven’t decided on the dates yet. )

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I, too, am a super light sleeper. The three premier hotels are the only ones at Universal I haven’t stayed in. HRH looks so beautiful. I go there habitually for the restaurants. (The breakfast buffet at The Kitchen is EPIC and IMHO the best value $$$ for breakfast anywhere on property!)

2 Likes

Ooo, I love a good breakfast buffet! I’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

Wow, thanks guys for all the quick replies! I will definitely keep the Hard Rock AP reservation. I’ll only change if a cheaper rate comes up at RPR. But it would be fun to stay someplace new. DH is always interested at doing new things and we’ve been to Universal a few times over the recent years.

1 Like

You can pay $20 in Diagon Alley for a breakfast of powdered eggs, bacon cooked to ash and cold potatoes. OR for $27 get an entire buffet with omelet & French toast bar and every thing you can think of as a breakfast item.

For the record, I’m a MAJOR fan of WWOHP! I’m a grown man that wears a robe & does spells. Diagon Alley is the best and the food at LC or 3B is typically fine. The breakfast, IME, has never been good in all my times going though…

(This was just ONE trip I made to the buffet for food that morning! If there’s a morning when I don’t want to do Early Park Admission I tend to pop into The Kitchen and eat enough to fill me for most of the day!)

4 Likes

We love their breakfast buffet too, it’s so good!

2 Likes

We’ll definitely try the buffet at least once. You had me at French Toast bar.

3 Likes

Funny, I’m comparing resorts and was wondering the same thing. I enjoy music but I’ve read about the resort cranking the music up full blast by the pool all day, while others say it’s just the right amount of background noise.

So… what’s it really like?

2 Likes

If you have a pool view room at HRH be prepared to feel like you’re at the pool all day until it closes. We’re light sleepers & were exhausted by the third day both from not being able to go to sleep until after they shut the pool down each night & never being able to get away from the racket even in our room. We were really surprised because we usually stay in an exterior entry poolside room at Cabana Bay & have never had pool noise issues across multiple trips.

Stayed the year previous at HRH in garden view & it was very quiet - lesson learned!

3 Likes

I booked a garden room, so hopefully we’ll be all set! Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes