Handicap seating for fireworks and parade

Thanks to @profmatt and his constant changing of plans and the fact that the dragon is back. DW now wants to see the parade and we missed HEA last year so now Ohana is out and Skipper’s is in. I have seen that there is handicap seating or sections for the parade and fireworks. Does anyone know anything about them?

Have you been to Skipper’s before? It’s great — really fun and terrific food.

No I missed Ohana last year and now this year. I was a little hesitant with Skipper’s with the style of food. I don’t mind trying new flavors but get nervous when having to commit to what to try EX. the first time trying snails we had a shared appetizer that came with 3 other thing we knew we would like, so I was not just paying for snails (we liked them). Last year we did Boma got to try many new things and like a lot but I would not pay just to eat bomboti (I think that is how it’s spelled) We looked at CP the Plaza both did not have great reviews and several people complained about waiting almost an hour to be seated past the time of their res. I punched up skipper’s and DW said she wanted to go there before we got passed the photos. We went over the menu and found 2/3 things we would like to eat so score. I’ll just have to put Ohana at the top of our list for our silver trip in 4 years.

It’s pretty basic stuff there, isn’t it? I had lamb chops.

1 Like

Yea DW does not like lamb, but I love it so I don’t get to have it a lot because she won’t eat it. I’m torn between that and the steak. This is going to be our stuffed day we have 1900, LTT, and Skippers scheduled this day and somewhere I have to fit a dole whip in I’m going to be in a food coma. Oh don’t forget the cinnamon roll at Gaston’s at least that I will take back for breakfast the next day.

I learned the painful way that the Deluxe Dining Plan leads you down a dark miserable pathway of feeling uncomfortably full all the time. I was showing up for meals still full from the previous one.

So this summer I’m restricting myself to breakfast and a late dinner. With maybe a snack to keep me going in the middle of the afternoon.

1 Like

I agree the other days we only have 2 meals scheduled. I wanted to do Ohana but it was either dinner at 4 pm which is to early or 8 pm which could be 9 with the waits. 1900 is at 8:30 so we can get to MK by 10 so I felt lunch needed to placed in this day and with the Deluxe DP I did not want to waist credits on QS.

1 Like

The “Tastes Like Chicken…” is fried chicken. Doesn’t get more basic than that. :slight_smile:

Just hope no one at a table next to you orders the whole fish. Eek!

1 Like

Yes. That’s a good point. I saw it from a distance and still fainted.

1 Like

Why would that bother anyone named joefishing :roll_eyes: :nauseated_face:
After booking I watched youtube and the guy ordered it. Not something that sits well with Americans, but I have friends that are from Thailand and that is how they cook their fish. One thing I’m really good at and that is cleaning fish. When I’m done they are 99% bone free I do miss one bone in 100 fish. I was taught by my grandfather who was a commercial fisherman. I’m the only one he would let clean the fish not even his own partner just me.

1 Like