Hallowishes Dessert Party?

Did anyone go last night? I am dying for a full report. I have until tomorrow to cancel ours! I looked on chat, but didn’t see anything there yet. I totally could have missed it, though! TIA

I feel bad sending you over to disboards but there are a few reviews in the last page or 2 of this thread…

I would love to hear your take on the party too. We go at the end of October.

1 Like

Thank you SO much for finding that and posting. I realized that given how few people actually went to the dessert party - 153 is what I read - it makes sense that reviews are a little hard to find.

Including these, I have read reviews now from 5 people, all positive. I have decided to keep my reservations. Plan will be to skip dessert all day. No Mickey bars or anything, so that we can eat all of this without getting too sick (ha!).

I think that we will do rides mainly from 4-7, then, until the parade starts do some trick or treating, less popular meet and greets, photos, and pick up our SotMK card as well as a party-themed pin. After the dessert party / Hallowishes, we can either leave, do more rides, or watch the stage show.

Thank you again, and I will definitely be posting a detailed review with pictures!

153 people were at the dessert party? that seems like a lot to me! maybe I am not picturing the flag pole area properly but can 153 people fit in there? the commenter in the thread who went to the party thought there were 50-80 people there.

1 Like

here’s another review and this one has pics!
I hope reviews stay positive b/c I am excited about this!

2 Likes

Where do we get these?

1 Like

That’s what I read elsewhere, but I have no idea if it’s true or not. I actually thought that was a low number, but who really knows. I will try to get a good head count, lol.

I believe that you can pick them up at the fire station. There is also a spot in Liberty Square for cards, but I don’t know if they will have the special party card or not.

Kenny just posted a review!

1 Like

We will be at MK all day. When do we check in at will-call to get our badges or writs bands or whatever we get for the dersert party?

Check in starts at 4pm for both MNSSHP and the dessert party.

I am curious about this too. We will be in MK before 4pm too. I know there are places throughout the park to pick up MNSSHp wristbands but I don’t know about the dessert party. I don’t want to walk all the way back up to the front gate to do the dessert party check in.

1 Like

Thanks for posting! I knew that he was not going to be a fan, and that’s fine. His style of touring is definitely different than mine. The funny thing is that he recommends staking out a spot in Frontierland (he has a good point on the creepy thing) 45 minutes before the parade, whereas he walked up about 10 minutes before parade got to Main St, so to me, that is a huge time saver right there. He mentions that the view for the fireworks in skewed, but it seems to me that the video is still amazing. I am not discouraged. Yes, it’s a lot of money, and it would be more of a no-brainer if it were half the cost or if it included alcoholic beverages like the parties at DHS do for a similar price. But oh well.

2 Likes

I had read that you can start to check in at the parade spot at 7.

1 Like

agree!

1 Like

I don’t mind the extra money as long as I feel like I’m getting a good value out of it.

1 Like

Someone on another forum was talking about timing all of this stuff with the Dessert Party and they mentioned a “castle show” at 8:55 and 10:00. What is that?

The castle show is the new Hocus Pocus Villains Spelltacular. It is getting good reviews. The main stars are the villains from the 1993 movie Hocus Pocus, along with several other villains taking the stage. Apparently, it is difficult to see from the TT location. I was super excited at first, but then I showed by kids the movie and they hated it, so we may end up skipping this beyond whatever we can see from our seats.