Halloween on the High Seas 2023

I’m catching up a little on blogs and saw Disney has “announced” the return of Halloween on the High Seas for 2023!

This is a little odd because my October cruise was labeled HotHS back last August when I booked it. So can anyone explain what was actually announced? Are these new things? We are already very excited but I want to know what the fuss is about!

Also, any ideas for an adult couples costume to go with Spin and Little Spidey would be very much appreciated!

3 Likes

I’ve not been advised of any updates offerings per se.

I wonder if it’s part of the Halfway To Halloween media blitz?

2 Likes

It must be which is just so silly. Like this one says that new dates were added? They don’t just add new cruise dates <6 months before they sail.

3 Likes

I do think it was purely the Halfway to Halloween media blitz. My guess on the “added new sailings” is that the dates the ships were sailing was already determined, but they extended the HotHS to those dates to hopefully sell more cabins. But I have no idea if that’s actual factual or not.

If you want to be good guys any combination of Aunt May, Spin’s mom, Black Widow, or Captain Marvel & Iron Man, Black Panther, Hulk, Nick Fury or Hawkeye (I’ve seen all appear in our Spidey & friends books that my two youngest love).

You could so do some of the baddies from Spidey & friends: Green Goblin & Doc Oc (who’s a girl in the Spidey & friends) would be fun. Or the Rhino dude instead of Green Goblin.

Two Halloweens ago, my two younger kids were Spidey & Spider-Gwen and my 2 older ones were Iron-Man & I bribed our DD that is decidely not a Marvel fan to be Black Widow. DH & I were supposed to figure out how to be Wanda & Vision but I couldn’t find cost-conscious home-made things because it was a popular costume that year.

At the last minute, I ended up using a Captain Marvel-esque shirt I have and leggings to do a very soft bound as Captain Marvel & DH put on a black shirt & his black leather jacket as a very soft bound as Nick Fury (sans eye patch though). Halloween on the High Seas is one we definitely want to do one year so I can’t wait to hear/see all about a report back here once you go!

2 Likes

DH and I were Wendy and Jon from Peter Pan. DS14 begrudgingly wore a Hook t-shirt. We need new ideas for this year too. We might do a 70’s Disco theme this year for DH and I. DS isn’t really in to the dressing up.

We booked HOtHS 2023 cruise in August of 2022 when they were released so I found the “announcement” odd as well.

2 Likes

Aha, I think you’ve got it! We had looked at upgrading from 4 nights to 5 or 6 nights but some of those sailings were not considered HotHS which was a high priority for us. It looks like those might be included too. Verrrrry interesting.

I wish I was a big Marvel fan for costumes. My dream costume is Merida or Queen Elinor which just doesn’t exactly scream related to little Spidey! And obviously my boys are only going to want to do family costumes for a short period longer…

3 Likes

Which ship are you going on??

Ooh, you and DH could do Thor & Jane Foster, but in the traditional Asgard dress she wears when she goes back to Asgard with him. It’s not Queen Elinor, but it is maybe somewhat similar? Although to me, thinking about fitting that much of a costume on top of all the things you bring for a cruise is giving me anxiety :laughing: :laughing:

We’ve only done a 5 night but even that was just a hair short. But of course, I saw that as have booked a 4 night in September. We are doing it super budget compared to what we just did in March (standard inside non-connecting staterooms just next to each other vs. the dreamy, roomy Deluxe Family Oceanview w/ verendah) so we can get in a Silver Anniversary at Sea & the extra fireworks & character costumes & merch!).

Umm we just did a 7 night RCL and it was a LOT short so I know I have to temper my expectations on this. But this cruise is a bonus vacation for this year so I am taking what I can get!

Is it bad that I’m thinking that I can just bring a whole extra suitcase because we are driving to the port??

3 Likes

Oh, driving, yes! If we could drive to the port (only one that is less than 15 hrs for us is San Diego) that would be a total game-changer in what I would bring/how I would pack. Air travel is just such a different beast.

2 Likes

8 days on the Fantasy

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

@Jeff_AZ is your cruise a Halloween one?

2 Likes

Yes - it is a 3-night out of San Diego in the second half of October. It has always been labeled HotHS. This cruise is just so we can get a taste of cruising!

1 Like

Just a taste is how the addiction starts…

3 Likes

Sounds like DVC … :rofl:

2 Likes

Any sort of Halloween + Disney is something on my bucket list! I wish we could go see the decorations at WDW then, but my kids have no significant school breaks in that time frame. I also want to see UOR Halloween horror nights. When I first started looking at cruising I definitely considered a DCL Halloween cruise. (But I am still waiting for my 1st cruise 4 yrs later b/c of all the covid and then family stuff…currently booked Princess to Canada / New England for Sept, fingers crossed it happens…)

3 Likes

Fixed

4 Likes

Just a taste is all you need!

3 Likes