Hallo-Dream Trip Report! 10/13-17

Thanks for this! I think I was originally confused by the “nights” suggested because I assumed (like most Disney stuff) that I would need to buy 4 nights since I’m on a 4 night cruise. But if we can just do 3 nights and share between me and my parents it might be worth it. But also might not because I think we are each bringing our 2 bottles. But I really appreciate the clarification! My mother does a happy dance any time Kendall Jackson Chardonnay is involved. :slight_smile:

I have to be honest that many of my work trips come with a stipend and that directly helps fund our travel which is very lucky. I went away for 9 days last December and basically earned the money for this cruise. So it puts it into perspective for the family. (Ironically this trip I’m on is not a stipend but it’s short!) The timing of this was actually really nice because I told the boys that I won’t be home for 4 days but the minute I get home we are starting the cruise drive and they would have my full attention for the vacation. I almost never (never say never or I’ll regret it) have to work on actual vacation thankfully!

3 Likes

:flushed:

I need a different job

3 Likes

The actual irony is that I was working alongside those doing your current job.

1 Like

:expressionless:

Doesn’t bother me none

2 Likes

I found useful info on this other site: Disney Cruise Drink Package: What You Need To Know (2024) . The photo you have is for a bottle package, not a drinks package. You’re buying whole bottles of wine that you can keep leftovers for the next day, or drink more than one at a dinner, or even take home the lefftover whole bottles.

2 Likes

Maybe what I mean to ask is: are you hiring, what are the qualifications, and when can I start?

2 Likes

Haha we DEFINITELY hire nurses!

2 Likes

Ok thank goodness we are driving! Kid #1 gets picked up at 2:15pm and we are ON OUR WAY!

11 Likes

Safe travels!!

3 Likes

I’m here for you!

1 Like

Drive safely!!

1 Like

Have a fantastic trip!! We just booked our first cruise so now I shall be stalking all things cruise line!

4 Likes

I think it’s funny that it counts down to midnight tonight but so many zeros!

Also worth noting that the app says that I’m paid in full for the first time.

We are in Connecticut now about to stock up for beach reads.

6 Likes

So excited to follow along!

4 Likes

I’m so excited for your cruise! We had one of our best ever beach days in Bermuda last month!

2 Likes

Ok I had a Maleficent Friday the 13th gif that I have been waiting to use but I cannot figure out how to add it from my phone! But today is our lucky day!!! I guess I’ll settle for emojis :sunglasses::pirate_flag::sailboat::ferry::jack_o_lantern::mouse:

Uneventful night and an early morning here so we are just waiting a little bit to miss rush hour. DS5 got a new friend at Barnes and Noble.

Some seasonally appropriate breakfast.

10 Likes

Would you mind saying a bit more about that? Curious what you did specifically? Were you there on a cruise?

2 Likes

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

3 Likes

Today’s the DAY! So excited for you. Can’t wait to hear how you like it compared to the Royal Cruise you did for your first cruise.

I have to save gifs to my camera roll then upload as a photo.

2 Likes

We are here!! Well ahead of schedule and got a primo parking spot!

The approach from the Hudson Valley parkway

And now we are bumming around the terminal for an hour. We were going to try to walk around NYC but there isn’t really an easy exit and my kids are refusing to leave “our ship”! :sunglasses:

9 Likes