Half Day/Shorter Day- AK or HS?

Would you help me pick which day for HS and AK?
I’m planning for our last two WDW days before switching to hotels for Universal part of our trip.
Crowd levels-Both days HS is a 1 and AK is a 3 (this is prior to SWGE opening.)

Tuesday-normal day
Wednesday-park and then switch hotels

Kids are 10-11 (boys, Star Wars fans but haven’t planned evening shows bc we may be worn out by then. Also big HP fans, so want to be able to pop in to Universal for a bit if they can’t stand the wait.)

I would plan HS for the half day. With good Fast Passes and a touring plan, you can hit most of the big attractions like Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and Slinky Dog. You likely wouldn’t get to see the shows like Little Mermaid, Frozen, or Beauty and the Beast unless you skipped out on an attraction. You could try a few touring plans and see what you come up with, but HS may be your best bet for a half day. AK has more attractions and has the animal exhibits (similar to a zoo) where you might want to spend more time. Just a thought!

1 Like

My boys were 6, 9 and 9 last trip (May 2018). They love Star Wars and I think we rode Star Tours about 3 or 4 times with extra FPs. They love seeing the characters and TOT. We were there before TSL, but I’m sure they would be all over SDD. They would vote for a whole day at HS. My family is not as big of a fan of AK. We enjoy some of the rides ( EE, Safari, Dinosaur, FOP), but don’t feel the need to see the same shows and animals every trip. Our next trip will be 2 days in HS and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 day at AK.

1 Like