Hair dryers

Are the hair dryers in the Disney rooms decent? My wife is trying to decide whether to pack her beloved hair dryer for fear that the ones in the Disney hotels don’t get hot enough…but it would be nice to not have to fit it into our luggage.

Thanks!

1 Like

As is typical of most hotels, I have found their hairdryers to be “meh”.

I bring my own.

So does my DW.

Im forgoing mine, but bringing my straightener. I have thick hair and may be making a mistake. If DW does get to use by Monday evening, I would love her thoughts :joy::grin:

Thanks, all. I guess we’re packing it!

Hmm. Doesn’t seem likely, unless on the way to the hotel we get rained on and she wants to redo her hair before we head over to look at the decor at GF or something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I make due w/ hotel hair driers NOT willing to give up the suitcase space for souvenirs on return trip. I let vanity go since it’s crazy relaxed at the world. Really think about it… ppl walking around in shorts, tees, yoga pants…hair up in hats and ponytails. I don’t need to spend a lot of time on my hair that will just become undone in the rain & humidity.

3 Likes

I always bring my straightener too. I never use both. Only one or the other, if either. I am nice to my hair.

1 Like

I have to use a straightener or its full on fro! I can dry my hair in 3 buns to keep the top tame while I sleep and just touch up with light dry in a.m. then straighten.

ha, just saw this and thought it apropos

2 Likes

Pretty much! :joy:

1 Like

So I want to move to Colorado and number 1 on my list for why was because my hair looked amazing. Lol. I also have frizzy thick wavy hair.

2 Likes

When my sister moved back down here from Denver area, she complained for 2 years about her hair, same as mine!

1 Like

ya… I lived in the desert for over a decade and loved my hair for the first time ever… Florida hair sucks and I’ve given up. Not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Same with Texas and LA. At least my part of Texas. I’m sure El Paso is great.

1 Like

lol… we lived 90 min away from El Paso in NM and then in Utah.

1 Like

Nice. We did the river rafting thru Grand Canyon last year and everyone was from Utah almost. They all swore by it. I’ll have to visit sometime. I’ve only ever driven thru NM on my way to Disneyland of course. Never spent a single night there but have seen I10 a lot.

1 Like

Utah has some of the most amazing state parks! and the nicest ppl I’ve ever met and I’ve lived in 11 states. NM was a hard adjustment but I grew to love it and it’s desert beauty. There are some amazing sites in NM too. I’ve driven through TX countless times and stayed as well.

2 Likes

Eeekkkk! I want to do one of these, the 7 day or 10 day! Bucket list!

1 Like

We did the one week with Western River Expeditions. Top half of the canyon with the helicopter ride out. Life altering. It’s one of those trips that just leaves you with a new perspective on life.

1 Like

If you go I have tips so just reach out. For example, you bathe in the river which is 50 degrees and gradually warms to 55 degrees. They have something that warms the water apparently I did not know of and the company didn’t include on their “packing needs” list. I would have much appreciated this. I highly recommend water socks under your Tevas. My feet would literally hurt from the cold water. But the side tributary rivers that are warmer that you can body raft down are perfect temp. You’ll see so many beautiful places you can only get to rafting.

7 Likes